CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Tell me Payton is not going to be a top 5 rookie out of this class.

This guy is a freaking stud.

We basically gambled on him being as good or better than Exum so we could take Le Freak in Gordon and mold him into a beast over a couple years.

Love it. This is the PG Orlando fans have been begging for for over 10 years.

I can't believe people whined about trading a protected pick (that will probably end up being a 2nd rounder) for a talent like this.

It's freaking hilarious.

Am I wrong in seeing flashes of Rondo? I've only seen a couple clips (and against summer league competition), but the dude seems to be pretty good.

Am I wrong in seeing flashes of Rondo? I've only seen a couple clips (and against summer league competition), but the dude seems to be pretty good.

I dont like comparing anyone to Rondo, because of his terrible attitude, but in terms of being a triple double threat every night, definitely.

I was thinking what player he reminds me off, and Id have to say Skip (Alston) comes to mind. At least on offensive end, on defense he's better and with his size also better rebounder.

I dont like comparing anyone to Rondo, because of his terrible attitude, but in terms of being a triple double threat every night, definitely.

I was thinking what player he reminds me off, and Id have to say Skip (Alston) comes to mind. At least on offensive end, on defense he's better and with his size also better rebounder.

Yeah, that's more what I meant. And a lot of Rondo's reputation as an amazing defender came from the fact that the Celtics were basically allowed to mug people during the kinda-big-three's reign.

Payton is more Rod Strickland than Rondo or Gary Payton

Nah, Strickland played SG too sometimes and was more of a scorer. It's not a bad comparison, but I see Rondo in Payton. Payton really does not need to score 17 a game like Strickland did in his prime.

I think Payton will have higher assist numbers like Rondo and less PPG than Strickland.

I also think Payton could flirt with averaging 2 steals a game like Rondo

Waiting for the uninformed whiners to complain about Gordon today.

Dude played Center and was very solid. Love this guy. He is definitely looking like our version of Noah. He just needs to time to develop. Last time I checked Noah made the all star team.

We are going to be a physical team that locks people down. This is going to be a wet dream for the right free agent in a year or two.

I wonder if Gordon grows another inch or two...he looks like a baby face out there who still only has to shave once a week.

He is going to be a monster once he fills out.

Who's going to be the next Jason Williams. Its I wonder about all the time.

I really hope we start Payton and Oladipo at the 1 and 2 when the season starts. Payton looks like one of those guys who could be special in his rookie season.

I really hope we start Payton and Oladipo at the 1 and 2 when the season starts. Payton looks like one of those guys who could be special in his rookie season.

I agree. I think he and Curry looked the most rotation ready of anyone on the summer league squad