Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

As for Gordon. He is purely here as a disposable contract. We need someone on the roster in that price range which we can move. Otherwise we're left with no one to trade.

It's just like chess. You always need a horse or a bishop because you never know what move you're gonna make next.

Only one of the two things you just said about Patterson is correct.

8 rebounds per 36 minutes is good enough next to vucevic

patterson has only had an offensive rating under 109 once, i'll trade some rebounds for that

Saw him at the Grand Bo. I wish I could tell you more but I can't yet - there simply was a visit and a hard pitch to him.

This is a big deal though because it means the Magic believe AG can be our full time SF at some point.

We know Gordon can guard the 3 no problem. So now we are looking at a very, very good starting lineup once his shot starts dropping.

and if it doesn't you're looking at a backup if you are intent on playing him on the perimeter

Funny, I mention 8-10m with options for the third and fourth year, and "I know nothing about basketball". This post is too funny. What a hypocrite.

It's like you're having an argument with yourself. You can't make this stuff up.

Let it go dude. You sound like a little baby. We are here to talk basketball...if you want to pick a fight every other post go to reddit or the realgm forum.

If Houston lands Melo I don't think they match offers on Parsons, regardless of what they may or may not have promised. Melo will cost too much and where would Parsons play? If they settle for Bosh, as the new reports are suggesting, it becomes much more likely they match.

PG: Beverly

SG: Harden

SF: Parsons

PF: Melo

C: Howard

Not going to be a force defensively, but they have a lot of scoring power with that line up.

I really can't see Melo playing the 4. He's already a poor enough defensive player as is. They'd be looking to outscore everyone with that lineup, I guess it would be interesting to see how it turned out.

he plays the 4 with new york a lot.

Funny, I mention 8-10m with options for the third and fourth year, and "I know nothing about basketball". This post is too funny. What a hypocrite.

It's like you're having an argument with yourself. You can't make this stuff up.

You really do have a problem with reading comprehension. He said he thought he could get that initially and that was acceptable to him, because of the way the market jumped it would take a lot more to make it happen realistically which would not be worth it for what amounts to a role player. I wish I was having this discussion with some sort of comedic genius but you are actually serious...It makes me cringe.

We've given you the math, we've tried to give you the reasons, and yet you keep vehemently going on. I personally don't understand it, you keep calling him out, and yet even I understand his reasoning after his initial response. Parsons is worth too much now, it is as simple as that.

It is like a game of poker when it comes to RFA's, you need to know when to fold when things get too rich for your blood. To pursue Parsons and overpay him is not what we need to do. Houston will match to 10 million which is not what Parsons is worth, I don't care about how good of a shooter he is, and what his skill-set will do for the Magic moving forward because simply put, locking him up for something higher than 10 million is vastly overpaying him. That is paying him High B tier, Low A tier money, and right now at his current form of play he is a High C Tier to Low B tier player. He doesn't play defense very well and really only shoots and passes. He probably would net close to a few more wins a year and that would probably be it. So basically what you are saying is 10 million+ is worth a few wins. Meanwhile we could get Patterson on the cheap as Toronto is going to have to think of the long term, especially if they have plans to retain DeRozan, and we can easily take Patterson from them on the cheap.

The Patterson move will be more helpful for the Magic than the Parsons move because it will save a bit of money and help us stretch the floor much like the Parsons move would have.