Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I for 1 like the Bucks trade. I think Rob got us a lot more than we would have received in the summer. This gives us the opportunity to see what these 2 rooks have and got a decent back up PG for the rest of the season to boot. Add in the fact we got rid of Ish and I give Rob an "A" for this one :D

The Charlotte trade? I'm waiting to see if there's a pick involved before I pass judgement. Warrick IS a hustle player and a decent defender and maybe Rob wanted him to mentor Drew a bit on defense? We'll see.

Both trade showed that Rob is a great GM. The Redick trade is exactly what we asked for and the Bobcat trade shows a lot of smarts. Like you guys give a damn that Devos has to pay 1m more. He doesn't count against our cap in a way that inhibits us from signing a FA, not that we should care.

I for 1 like the Bucks trade. I think Rob got us a lot more than we would have received in the summer. This gives us the opportunity to see what these 2 rooks have and got a decent back up PG for the rest of the season to boot. Add in the fact we got rid of Ish and I give Rob an "A" for this one :D/>

The Charlotte trade? I'm waiting to see if there's a pick involved before I pass judgement. Warrick IS a hustle player and a decent defender and maybe Rob wanted him to mentor Drew a bit on defense? We'll see.

When I first saw the trade, I was a little taken aback. After reading all of the ins and outs (http://www.itsthemagicword.com/a-full-guide-to-the-orlando-magic-following-the-j-j-redick-trade/), I feel pretty good about it. I still don't understand the Warrick/McBob trade. I don't really see what that accomplishes in the short term or long term. The rest makes sense, if there was nothing better on the table.

I for 1 like the Bucks trade. I think Rob got us a lot more than we would have received in the summer. This gives us the opportunity to see what these 2 rooks have and got a decent back up PG for the rest of the season to boot. Add in the fact we got rid of Ish and I give Rob an "A" for this one biggrin.gif

Warrick is being waved and we used our TPE in order to essentially extend our TPE.

You're missing the point...

No, I am not. I see your point and I am in agreement. However, we are not going to continue building a all star college team for years to come.

Warrick is being waved and we used our TPE in order to essentially extend our TPE.

I dont understand how it "extends" the TPE we have. I thought the TPE was only good for one year from the original trade, which i think is July 8th for Ryan Anderson. Can I get some clarification on this?

I dont understand how it "extends" the TPE we have. I thought the TPE was only good for one year from the original trade, which i think is July 8th for Ryan Anderson. Can I get some clarification on this?

We are using that TPE to get Warrick. We get another TPE in the Josh deal. Basically, we made two moves.

At the end of the day, JJ is 29 and was not a part of this franchise's future going forward. We're gonna try to be contenders in 2-3 years. By that time, JJ will be past his prime and would have been on an annoying contract that could have handicapped what we're trying to do. I'm glad were just stock piling young talent on cheap contracts. It makes it easier to keep the great cheap talent, waive the others, and sign 2 max FA's when our payroll allows it.

Heck, if any of these guys turns out to be an All-Star anyway, or if any of our future draft picks pan out, we'll have our own big 3, with one of them being on a cheap(er) contract.

Amen.....the best thing I've heard all day...Woooooooo!

Rob Hennigan:

“Tobias and Doron are two young players who complement our current roster and have tremendous potential to grow...”

“Tobias is a versatile forward that can play both forward positions”

"Doron is a combo guard who helps fortify our backcourt with his shooting and ball-handling ability”

"Beno is a proven point guard who adds veteran leadership and experience to our team.” ”