AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

Someone on another forum brought up a good point, if harkless was in next years draft he would be a lottery pick. Probably better than anyone we would get with the TOR pick which would probably land 10-15 and 2013 isn't looking very good so far.

...Interesting point...

It will be interesting watching two alpha dog personalities between Kobe and d12 vying for power. Every team needs a leader and I don' t think D12 is going to roll on his back for Kobe. I don't see them meshing like Bron and Wade Durant and RW KG and Pierce I see them more like amare and melo.

It will be interesting watching two alpha dog personalities between Kobe and d12 vying for power. Every team needs a leader and I don' t think D12 is going to roll on his back for Kobe. I don't see them meshing like Bron and Wade Durant and RW KG and Pierce I see them more like amare and melo.

I would argue that their are only 2 personalities in the whole league who could keep Howard's ego in check. One of them is Kevin Garnett, the other is Kobe. I think it may be difficult at first to establish who number one is ( it would have to be Kobe since Dwight is probably not going to start the season), but I think Dwight will get it. I really don't see Dwight really "failing" in this scenario. I think he will find success with the Lakers even though everyone is saying otherwise.

That being said, I really hope though that he never wins anything, and when he gets close to it, the Magic are there to stop him.

I don't think Dwigt is an alpha dog personality. Jameer has always been the alpha dog personality and leader of our team. Dwight can talk big about being a leader as much as he wants, but it takes more than ability on the floor to be a leader.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Dwigt is an alpha dog personality. Jameer has always been the alpha dog personality and leader of our team. Dwight can talk big about being a leader as much as he wants, but it takes more than ability on the floor to be a leader.

Point.... Nelson was always the leader, Howard followed until he felt like he needed to take over and assert his franchiseness.

However, Dwight's leaderless capabilities has completely shown through to the point no one took him serious.

If you think he is going to change because of a about to be retired Kobe, then I have some swamp land for sale.

-iPhone

D12 spent his whole career being the man in Orlando. He might play nice early but their is a reason Shaq and Bynum left Kobe on bad terms. D12 isn't gonna lay back and let Kobe berate him like he does to Gasol

Edit: So we haven't even seen our team step on the floor yet and we are already predicting failure for 3 seasons and that we should embrace it, and welcome it? I am not that kind of fan...and never will be. I don't go to games expecting losses, I expect us to compete, every single game.

So you're comically delusional AND an incredibly poor judge of talent?

Ok, that's cool I guess.

Edit: So we haven't even seen our team step on the floor yet and we are already predicting failure for 3 seasons and that we should embrace it, and welcome it? I am not that kind of fan...and never will be. I don't go to games expecting losses, I expect us to compete, every single game.

So you're comically delusional AND an incredibly poor judge of talent?

Ok, that's cool I guess.

I think the better way to phrase it should be that you are going to cheer the magic on because you love them and are going to will them into competing. Sticking through teams thick and thin are what true fans do; it is important to stay realistic otherwise you will go crazy, but still show your support, otherwise hop off and we'll expect to see you on the bandwagon with the rest of the yuppies for the next go-round.

• Upvote 2

The NBA is falling apart and has been for some years now. Revenue sharing, salary cap, BLAH BLAH BLAH... Small market teams are losing fan bases and it is not good for the future of the NBA.... Here's a funny depiction of all the selfishness these days in the league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq8B5LaZCXo&feature=g-upl

The beginning of that video was stupid, but it got funnier at the end.