Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Don't insult Gerald Wallace by comparing Barnes to him.

Exactly! Which actually makes my point even stronger. Wallace would be a major upgrade over Hedo. Major! Barnes was an upgrade in 2010 in my opinion, but Otis opted for Q Rich instead of Barnes for 2011. I think Wallace would give us tenacity and versatility at the SF position.

Just came back from seeing the Avengers to help cheer us up. Feeling so much better now.

Now watching Charles and Kenny on tnt.

Charles: "Trade Dwight!"

Kenny: "Keep Dwight!"

Shaq: "Dwight doesn't like Stan". Duh Shaq.

• Upvote 1

I think Brooklyn will end up overpaying him to justify dealing that probable lotto pick.

For the Magics sake, I hope they do. Wallace scares me due to his age. While he would be an upgrade over Hedo now, it might only be for the short term. I can see the Magic giving him a 4 year contact and them we get 2 good years and 2 Hedo type years.

Why do the people complaining about our declining old players seem to want to bring in other declining old players? Turk and JRich are both on the decline and both are really old, and the solution is to bring in Nash and Gerald Wallace?? They're both old and declining too!!!

• Upvote 2

Why do the people complaining about our declining old players seem to want to bring in other declining old players? Turk and JRich are both on the decline and both are really old, and the solution is to bring in Nash and Gerald Wallace?? They're both old and declining too!!!

Nash and Gerald Wallace, while old, are still absolutely SUPERIOR to Turk and J-Rich in every possible way. That's an insult.

But I agree with you, i'd rather invest in some young talent instead of temporary fixes. THAT'S the real issue here.

I can see this. It seems Stan has lost this team partly, especially the starters. Unless the starters are just pooped. Hedo should be second unit ball facilitator over Duhon. JJ needed to start against the Pacers.

I think the short season just wore the players down. But it was amazing to see players actually try and play for Stan these last couple of weeks

While definitely old, Nash is most certainly not on the decline. His points may be down but his assists are still right on par with his MVP year as is his FG shooting %. While it always great to bring on good young talent, there is no replacing veteran leadership and true playmaking ability (like Jason Kidd did for the Mavs). The Magic would be blessed to bring on Nash, especially if Nelson decides to leave. My dream then would be to bring on Nash for a few years (he has said he wants to play for 3 more, the same number his idol Stockton played) while at the same time drafting a good young talented PG like Teague out of Kentucky with our first pick to be the future and learn from Nash.

Ugh. Great its starting already.

Hopefully it's all to do with Otis going and someone in sight to replace him. ***** it, let the rumors begin... The sooner the better, at least it will give us something to talk about...... that may have some legs, and not just completely made up ****.