Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

Trade Jameer for Beno and the #7 straight up. Then send over the TPE for Fransisco Garcia. Then you package the #7 pick, a first rounder in 2013, and Hedo Turkoglu for Josh Smith. Then the Hawks trade Turk for Chris Kaman.

Arenas/Beno

Garcia/JJ

Bird/Singleton/Richardson

Smith/Anderson

Howard/Orton

• Downvote 1

Sacramento is under the CAP, but I can't really imagine they'd want to eat so far into their CAP space for Jameer Nelson, particularly given they're so likely to move the team(was that ever announced?). So we'd probably have to take back around 7.5m in salary I'm guessing(plus whatever filler). I don't know Jameer's salary off the top of my head, and I don't feel like looking it up.

So who would we take back in this scenario(that Sacramento would actually part with as dead weight in the trade)? Isn't the only salary that's roughly comparable to Jameer's salary Beno Udrih's?

I know one of the rumors is that we (Seattle) would get Sac, but I have no idea how serious that was. I'm sure Stern is kicking himself for punting the Sonics from here, which is a big market that serves not only WA, but also ID and Vancouver (BC), for OKC. Yeah. Good move.

But anyways, I really don't see Sac trading with us: there's a lot of teams out there with better stuff to trade.

I swear, if we sell that 2nd round pick for cash considerations and that's it....

How about this....Maybe, Most of the people do not believe the national media and there are nothing more than a mouthpeice for the four letter network and they are hoping for more drama, IE D12 leaving, so they have no credibility in my book. So if you want to continue to just spew the same nonesense that they do, well feel free, but that does not mean that I have to agree with you or them. :chairshot:

You missed the point I was making, dude.

If you like or dislike a post and want to rate it, that's what the reps are there for. Knock yourself out.

The problem this board has is how few people will actually use the rep system AND contribute to the discourse.

If I write a post, and you think the ideas in it are terrible and want to give me a -1 for it, that's fine, but you really ought to be writing your own opinion as to WHY you think my idea is terrible, or at the very least post "I think that idea is terrible". At least if you post the latter, we can have a dialogue about it.

Penny Hardaway's ghost wrote "I don't think we have assets to get Smith"(or whatever it was. I'm not going to look) and someone gave him a -1 for that. That's asinine. That's a completely valid statement for a person to make.

If you disagree with it, fine, but justify that disagreement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wasn't the trade deadline this year pretty quiet and then later in the day boom it just exploded?

It isn't even noon yet, most western conference GMs are prlly just getting out of bed lawlz. You'll see rumors (not just the Magic) start to pop out as the day goes on.

I really hope something happens, because I don't think I can handle the lock out having the same roster. :svgsad:

have to agree with that. i was just thinking it would be great to have jr smith and gil at the guards. the magic would be the most watched team in the nba to never win it all. why is everyone so down on the players we have. i do not think you trade for just the sake of change. i think we surely need a pg but to trade nelson without getting a big improvement is useless.

Hmmm. So what if we send Jameer/filler to Sacramento for the 7th pick, and then flip whatever ATL wants with the 7th pick for Smith and filler? Eh..

Homer trade FTW. Sacramento gets too much and ATL gets screwed big time, but who cares, they're in our division, amirite guiz?

23ude9w.png

EDIT: We sign white guys via free agency

Trade Jameer for Beno and the #7 straight up. Then send over the TPE for Fransisco Garcia. Then you package the #7 pick, a first rounder in 2013, and Hedo Turkoglu for Josh Smith. Then the Hawks trade Turk for Chris Kaman.

Arenas/Beno

Garcia/JJ

Bird/Singleton/Richardson

Smith/Anderson

Howard/Orton

Honestly, I do that deal lol.

It isn't even noon yet, most western conference GMs are prlly just getting out of bed lawlz. You'll see rumors (not just the Magic) start to pop out as the day goes on.

I really hope something happens, because I don't think I can handle the lock out having the same roster. :svgsad:

This is where I'm at. I mean, I don't want the Magic to just do anything, but actually pull off something that improves this team would be a nice change of pace. While I'm not on the "Dwight's packing his bags" bandwagon, I can understand if Dwight starts moving in that direction if the Magic keep surrounding him with bench players.

have to agree with that. i was just thinking it would be great to have jr smith and gil at the guards. the magic would be the most watched team in the nba to never win it all. why is everyone so down on the players we have. i do not think you trade for just the sake of change. i think we surely need a pg but to trade nelson without getting a big improvement is useless.

hqdefault.jpg