Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Junkie's info from last night

Since this topic was ostensibly started about ball junkie, I should add that the last time I tried to talk serious basketball with him, it went like this:

He made a point.

I pointed out that his point made no sense on a factual level.

He implied I was a racist.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

If you are bored and need to post on here then you need to go outside and get a hobby. Seriously. Just because people are bored does not excuse them from posting dumb pics that have probably been on boardslike sherdog and/b for years now. It is not clever or witty or even that funny anymore. It is just congestion in threads where people want to talk about a topic.

The irony is when someone joins a 90 page thread, posts what they think is relevant info and then get beaten down a lolcat guy because it was posted 10 pages back and they didn't see it.

I can't recall the last dumb picture I posted, but I'll have you know I have plenty of hobbies and it is rather hot outside, but I get my fair share of sun. Pardon me for being a very enthusiastic fan who spends a decent amount of time on this site, more often the last couple of days than normally, and I want to mess around and make 5 or 6 posts a day I think I have every right to.

The internet, like most things these days, is a medium for entertainment. If I am bored, and feel like using my personal computer, perhaps I'll fancy myself a few lulz from the OMMB all tip my cap and say "chip chip" and be on my way. I'm sorry you take things so seriously. I almost pity you.

You pity me? That's actually taking things real seriously.

I am simply saying that less nonsense posts equals a cleaner thread that is easier to follow. I have no personal issue with anybody, but when you are saying "hey, im bored..that will excuse this post" then you are adding to the noise.

I said I almost pity you. Ya know, for dramatic effect.

This message board pretty much jumped the shark once posting your favorite fridge-art and youtube rickrolls showed up in every thread. But in between all that crap is still good basketball discussion. I've learned a lot from most of the people that post here and it's still worth it for me. I've had a few good laughs from some of the silly threads too, so all is good. Things change people. This forum still has good basketball talk, you just have to dig deeper to find it sometimes.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Since this topic was ostensibly started about ball junkie, I should add that the last time I tried to talk serious basketball with him, it went like this:

He made a point.

I actually remember that one. From what I can recall, that lead to a fairly heated exchange. Lately, the guy's just been an instigator, whether it be his 'subtle' jabs at Nelson or his borderline trollish responses, it certainly hasn't been the same Ball Junkie of the past. Oddly enough, this all seemed to happen once Bogans was traded...

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

He made a point.

Isnt that like 50% of the time?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you are bored and need to post on here then you need to go outside and get a hobby. Seriously. Just because people are bored does not excuse them from posting dumb pics that have probably been on boardslike sherdog and/b for years now. It is not clever or witty or even that funny anymore. It is just congestion in threads where people want to talk about a topic.

The irony is when someone joins a 90 page thread, posts what they think is relevant info and then get beaten down a lolcat guy because it was posted 10 pages back and they didn't see it.

I can't recall the last dumb picture I posted, but I'll have you know I have plenty of hobbies and it is rather hot outside, but I get my fair share of sun. Pardon me for being a very enthusiastic fan who spends a decent amount of time on this site, more often the last couple of days than normally, and I want to mess around and make 5 or 6 posts a day I think I have every right to.

The internet, like most things these days, is a medium for entertainment. If I am bored, and feel like using my personal computer, perhaps I'll fancy myself a few lulz from the OMMB all tip my cap and say "chip chip" and be on my way. I'm sorry you take things so seriously. I almost pity you.

You pity me? That's actually taking things real seriously.

I am simply saying that less nonsense posts equals a cleaner thread that is easier to follow. I have no personal issue with anybody, but when you are saying "hey, im bored..that will excuse this post" then you are adding to the noise.

I said I almost pity you. Ya know, for dramatic effect.

Oh ok I see. Well it's nice to see that people still have an appreciation for the arts around here.

Otis isn't stupid! He won't sell the draft pick of a player we're gonna draft that will be a CHEAP rotation player. Toney Douglas last year made less than $1 Million! We're over the Luxury Tax so we need cheap players.

I think the biggest clash amongst posters is about the organization of threads...

On one hand, there's the 'Paul' thread, where it's like a chat room of random thoughts and ideas, occasionally returning to the topic, but a lot of 'empty' posts. The problem is you have to sift through pages and pages of the 'empty' posts to find serious discussion, and every time someone tries to start a serious discussion, a new random thought pops up and the discussion is lost.

On the other hand, there could be a new thread about everything... literally every trade idea, thought, opinion, news article... The problem with that is, the main page gets cluttered with ridiculous nonsensical thoughts, trade ideas, etc. And often, there's usually a similar topic that already exists, and the new topic is unwarranted.

Why can't there be a middle ground?

I've never liked the "sticky" threads because, honestly, nobody reads through them, and if you actually have something significant to say, it gets lost in a sea of garbage.

I would personally like to see news articles, trade ideas, draft discussions, etc. allowed as new topics -- sort of opposite to the 'Paul' thread, but there needs to be discretion. If your trade idea sucks, to be blunt, it deserves to be abducted by Jareth and then later locked.

I also think the high-volume posters need to show discretion in what threads they post in. If there's a serious basketball discussion going on, they need to leave the pictures and one-liners out of it.

That's my two cents anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

Otis isn't stupid! He won't sell the draft pick of a player we're gonna draft that will be a CHEAP rotation player. Toney Douglas last year made less than $1 Million! We're over the Luxury Tax so we need cheap players.

We can all laugh together this time right?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I think the biggest clash amongst posters is about the organization of threads...

On one hand, there's the 'Paul' thread, where it's like a chat room of random thoughts and ideas, occasionally returning to the topic, but a lot of 'empty' posts. The problem is you have to sift through pages and pages of the 'empty' posts to find serious discussion, and every time someone tries to start a serious discussion, a new random thought pops up and the discussion is lost.

On the other hand, there could be a new thread about everything... literally every trade idea, thought, opinion, news article... The problem with that is, the main page gets cluttered with ridiculous nonsensical thoughts, trade ideas, etc. And often, there's usually a similar topic that already exists, and the new topic is unwarranted.

Why can't there be a middle ground?

I've never liked the "sticky" threads because, honestly, nobody reads through them, and if you actually have something significant to say, it gets lost in a sea of garbage.

I would personally like to see news articles, trade ideas, draft discussions, etc. allowed as new topics -- sort of opposite to the 'Paul' thread, but there needs to be discretion. If your trade idea sucks, to be blunt, it deserves to be abducted by Jareth and then later locked.

I also think the high-volume posters need to show discretion in what threads they post in. If there's a serious basketball discussion going on, they need to leave the pictures and one-liners out of it.

That's my two cents anyway.

we do allow new threads for articles. we only lock threads that are self serving "pay attention to me" threads that could easily be discussed somewhere else.

the chris paul thing took off and we wanted to see if it could hit 1000 replies now 2000 replies.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I actually remember that one. From what I can recall, that lead to a fairly heated exchange. Lately, the guy's just been an instigator, whether it be his 'subtle' jabs at Nelson or his borderline trollish responses, it certainly hasn't been the same Ball Junkie of the past. Oddly enough, this all seemed to happen once Bogans was traded...

I read this and ask why a mod would say these things and imply that Junkie was influenced by Bogans being traded (absolute nonsense). Why not talk about ways to improve this Board and deal with Members that were constantly harassing him.

I get the opinion that the Mods and the Brat Pack are close friends and that there is likely little chance to expect change.

I'm not trying to live up to some preset standard of quality. I'm just saying things.