Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

I know it's 1 pre-season game but...starting SF, Barnes or Pietrus?

quote:

And Barnes? 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and no turnovers in only 20 minutes. That's efficient production. He, and not Pietrus, started the second half at small forward. Dude's just active, and plays within himself more than Pietrus does.

Anybody impressed with his 1st game???

http://www.thirdquartercollaps...-mavericks#storyjump

quote:

And Barnes? 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and no turnovers in only 20 minutes. That's efficient production. He, and not Pietrus, started the second half at small forward. Dude's just active, and plays within himself more than Pietrus does.

Anybody impressed with his 1st game???

http://www.thirdquartercollaps...-mavericks#storyjump

Ive been on that bandwagon since we signed him. He wants a future MLE deal bad, will he get it? I dunno, but Im glad hes here working his *** off.

He should start for no other reason than he is on my Fantasy team icon_cool.gif

Seriously impressive start, can't wait to see him live. Looks like the hustle guy that every team needs.

Looks like he can be our Trevor Ariza..oh wait..lol..

He looked good, agressive, efective, etc.

BTW on the Broadcast last night, they had/showed Vince Carter as being the starting SF and Pietrus as the starting SG. Not that it matters really.

Pietrus is best used off the bench. The amount of talent on this team compared to other Magic teams is still mind-blowing.

Barnes should start, with MP getting more minutes.

Actually what I really think is that Rashard needs to be at SF at least half the time so Bass can start.. but that's just me I guess. But either way MP's better off being the sixth man, and actually wants that role.

It's easy for SVG, you make two guys happy (Barnes or Bass & Pietrus), that makes life that much easier in the locker room.

And next game Pietrus will go off for 20 and 5 with 3 steals and Barnes will score 4 points on 2-10 shooting. It's just the way these two are. I personally want Barnes starting only because Pietrus seems better fitted as a spark plug off the bench, but who knows. Like you said, it's only one preseason game.

Then again, Barnes was the only guy able to hit FT's consistently.

I like this team.

I loved that play by Bass. If he keeps it going like that he should start while Rashard is out and after, moving Barnes to the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Barnes should start, with MP getting more minutes.

Actually what I really think is that Rashard needs to be at SF at least half the time so Bass can start.. but that's just me I guess. But either way MP's better off being the sixth man, and actually wants that role.

It's easy for SVG, you make two guys happy (Barnes or Bass & Pietrus), that makes life that much easier in the locker room.

Im with this. My vote goes for starting Lewis at the 3 and either Bass or Anderson at the 4.

Bass and Barnes played well last night, but im tempered. This was the first preseason game and there is much tweaking and playing to go.

Bass should get the start and solid minutes, with Pietrus backing up the SG and Barnes at SF.

I hate to say it, but I have a hard time seeing how Ryan Anderson gets minutes. Heck, I don't know how anyone will get enough minutes. That's why I'm a fan and not a coach.