Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Return of PR sensation Carlos Arroyo?(link) Update bottom of pg. 5

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I just feel when we had Arroyo, he was playing for the starter role; thus, causing him to try to do too much within his court time. Having to compete with Jameer AND Dooling for playing time can build a lot of pressure on someone to perform.

If you can bring him back with a defined role (BACKUP TO JAMEER), and he can accept that, why not? If everything is on the table and understood between the Magic and Arroyo, seems like a no brainer to me.

my point exactly ...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by OLDTIMER:

How quick you forgot how he would go into his bounce the ball routine trying to get his own shot and wind up with very little or nothing. Stan yanks him and gets in his face. What happens????

I just feel when we had Arroyo, he was playing for the starter role; thus, causing him to try to do too much within his court time. Having to compete with Jameer AND Dooling for playing time can build a lot of pressure on someone to perform.

If you can bring him back with a defined role (BACKUP TO JAMEER), and he can accept that, why not? If everything is on the table and understood between the Magic and Arroyo, seems like a no brainer to me.

Me Too

BRING ARROYO BACK!!!!

Everyone talks about CA being a hothead, but I think he gets a bad rap for that.

Arroyo is a good PG for this team, definitely an upgrade from AJ, however, the PG spot will need to get younger at some point and I know Otis knows this because he is a God.

Anyways, my point is... Like buddy up there said, he O-tiz describes what Arroyo's role will be on the Magic and he is accepting of it... I say shoot for it, as long as we don't pay him some stupid amt of money...

I never saw Arroyo and Hill have conflicts... and Brian Hill is easy to have conflicts with... he didnt know what he was doin... Anyways, I digress... I say yes if the price is right and he knows his role on this team

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I really thought Philly should resigned Miller. I thought he was restricted. Maybe they can go after Sessions as well or bring back THE ANSWER. LOL hes not a point guard but he can run the offense at times. Its better than nothing.

Who cares about Philly, the best thing Philly ever had is Ryan Howard, Allen Iverson, Donovon McNabb and Rocky.

BRING ARROYO BACK!!!!!!!!

He was unrestricted and was one of those that wanted out of Philly badly. He didn't even attend the post season meeting after the loss to us.

I don't think he was ever an option to return.

My opinion is neither a no or a yes.

I thought Carlos did a decent job at times, and others I wasn't impressed.

The thing I remember most is that he seemed to try too hard at times and maybe looked for his shot more than I would have liked. Getting the offense set up too late in the shot clock was another. But I also think that he was put in some tough positions at times because of the inability for the staff to commit on one set player at the position. If he comes in with the right mindset and plays freely, then I think he could be effective.

If the organization feels he is our best option, then fine. Im not concerned about fringe posters, I read what I want and comment the same.

I put my trust in our front office. They have built this team nicely IMO and I will continue to trust and support the decisions they make.

quote:
If the organization feels he is our best option, then fine. Im not concerned about fringe posters, I read what I want and comment the same.

I put my trust in our front office. They have built this team nicely IMO and I will continue to trust and support the decisions they make.

cheers2.gif

quote:

quote:

cheers2.gif

I am a little concerned about his eyesight, because when I met him he was wearing the biggest watch I have ever seen.

Do you all think that Carlos is willing to go back to being Jameer's understudy. I don't think at this time in his career, he is.

I want Luther Head he is Quick, shoots 39% from 3 and a good assist to Turnover ratio. He is also 6'3" a good change of pace to Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Do you all think that Carlos is willing to go back to being Jameer's understudy. I don't think at this time in his career, he is.

I want Luther Head he is Quick, shoots 39% from 3 and a good assist to Turnover ratio. He is also 6'3" a good change of pace to Jameer.

I'll take it. He is more of a SG trapped in a PG's body, but it could work. I don't think if Jameer goes down he would be able to carry this team, but I guess a 2 headed monster of AJ/Head instead of AJ/Lue would be good.

I would be all for Carlos...I think it is pretty clear that there will be no "competition" for the starting minutes and the roles will be clearly defined.

Beyond him trying to take over a game on occasion this was the biggest issue.