Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Dallas News(blog)- Which Howard would you take?(Josh or Dwight) Mavs want Dwight!

Maaaaan, I hope Dwight Howard plays here his whole career, he's exciting to watch unlike most of the big men in the league..It'd be nice to have a Josh Howard caliber player here in Orlando to compliment Dwight and we need all the offensive power we can take..But nah, Dwight is OUR Franchise player!

dwight howard will eventually be mentioned as one of the greatest players of all time. i see josh howard being perhaps a hall of famer, but mentioned as one of the greatest, unlikely. Dallas media is warped.

I didn't realize this when I posted but some of the Mavs fans made comments to the writer. Here's a response:

quote:
You are crazy even mentioning these two in the same sentence. Josh is a decent player, but not even close to the freakish talent that is Dwight. 6-7 atleticism is a dime a dozen in the NBA - especially when you have two or three other players to lean on every night (Dirk, Terry, Stack). What help does Dwight have and how many big men are there now days?

Posted by: m grant | March 3, 2007 09:58 PM

Here's another one:

quote:
Posted by: Josh | March 4, 2007 02:25 AM

I love Josh Howard: I love his game, I love his choice to skip the National team for the sake of the youth in his old neighborhood, I love his character. Sorry Josh, but if Orlando goes braindead and was stupid enough to make that deal it's a done deal. Opps!? I forgot to see who asked this question. So I skrol up and it's Tim. Tim, I really enjoy this blog, but until you learn a little more about the game----- maybe you should continue to comment on the 'fluff' and leave the 'real' basketball commentary to Moore and Sefko!

Posted by: Don Keen | March 4, 2007 08:43 AM

You should be fired. Josh Howard is, and never will be, on Dwight's level. You're smoking pot if you think any GM in the league would offer Dwight Howard for Josh Howard or even Dirk Nowitzki. It's a tough question to you? How much of a homer can you be? Dwight's 21 years old and already on his way to becoming one of the best centers ever.

Posted by: LOL | March 4, 2007 11:11 AM

If you want to read some more fans comments then click this link.

http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/2007/03/which_howard_...u_want.html#comments

i love this post!!! it makes me look past our deficiancies and remember why i love the magic! We are so lucky in our drafting - what other team drafted 2 hall of fame centers... drafted a possible hall of famer (longshot) in penny... drafted but traded chris webber, chauncy billups, keyon dooling, mike miller, zaza pachulia...of course we've had our own really bad ones but it seems that we're never in between. They're either good or awesome or really bad

quote:
You should be fired. Josh Howard is, and never will be, on Dwight's level. You're smoking pot if you think any GM in the league would offer Dwight Howard for Josh Howard or even Dirk Nowitzki. It's a tough question to you? How much of a homer can you be? Dwight's 21 years old and already on his way to becoming one of the best centers ever.

lol. dayum straight. it was a ridiculous blog entry.

This guy should not wait up for his Pulitzer prize for jounalism. He might be more in line for a Darwin award with this kind of Genius stuff.

I blasted him pretty hard on there, but it says the "Blog Owner" decides what he is going to show. There is no way mine makes it in that case. Sounds a little like the Totalitarian Regime that is this message board.

I'm shocked that this moron is a reporter. This guy needs to stick with his sport because basketball definitely isn't it. I thought Jemele Hill was bad...

Really Mr. Sports Reporter. Dallas would want Dwight over Josh Howard. Would they thrown in Erik Dampier please!! Get out of here. Is today's blog about the sky being blue or grass being green. Maybe about Marc Cuban being rich.