Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Dallas News(blog)- Which Howard would you take?(Josh or Dwight) Mavs want Dwight!

They are urging Cuban to pull the trigger on a trade. What a joke! They must think they are god's gift to the NBA and they can get anyone they want. This was writen by Tim McMahon of the Dallas Morning News. Check this out:

quote:
Which Howard would you want?

There's no question Josh Howard is a better fit for this year's Mavs than Dwight Howard.

But would you deal J-Ho for the Magic manchild straight-up during the summer?

It's a tough question only because J-Ho is a huge part of the franchise's frabric -- on the floor and in the locker room. He's Dirk's Pippen, an athletic 6-7 dude who does everything well. And Howard and Stack are the team's toughest hombres.

But Dwight has a chance to be in Shaq and Hakeem's class, right below the Big Man Trinity of Wilt, Russell and Kareem. He's the centerpiece of a contender for the decades after Dirk's prime.

My official advice is for Mark Cuban to pull the trigger on this deal if it becomes available after a parade.

I posted this for two reasons:

1.) This writer is assuming the Mavs will win the NBA championship this season since he mentions after their victory parade.

2.) It made me feel very good to see how other teams are talking about and covet Dwight. To all our opponents, "he's ours so get used to the punishment he's gonna dish out for the next 10 years"!

http://mavs.beloblog.com/

They are urging Cuban to pull the trigger on a trade. What a joke! They must think they are god's gift to the NBA and they can get anyone they want. This was writen by Tim McMahon of the Dallas Morning News. Check this out:

quote:
Which Howard would you want?

There's no question Josh Howard is a better fit for this year's Mavs than Dwight Howard.

But would you deal J-Ho for the Magic manchild straight-up during the summer?

It's a tough question only because J-Ho is a huge part of the franchise's frabric -- on the floor and in the locker room. He's Dirk's Pippen, an athletic 6-7 dude who does everything well. And Howard and Stack are the team's toughest hombres.

But Dwight has a chance to be in Shaq and Hakeem's class, right below the Big Man Trinity of Wilt, Russell and Kareem. He's the centerpiece of a contender for the decades after Dirk's prime.

My official advice is for Mark Cuban to pull the trigger on this deal if it becomes available after a parade.

I posted this for two reasons:

1.) This writer is assuming the Mavs will win the NBA championship this season since he mentions after their victory parade.

2.) It made me feel very good to see how other teams are talking about and covet Dwight. To all our opponents, "he's ours so get used to the punishment he's gonna dish out for the next 10 years"!

http://mavs.beloblog.com/

BJ, please tell me that this is some guy in a forum that wrote this and not a "credible" sports writer. This guy is a complete moron. Josh Howard is a very very good player but this isn't even a good debate. Dwight is special and no GM in the league would even consider this trade. I bet if someone called Otis about this trade I would be able to hear him laughing in Pensacola.

Oh, and Dallas is winning the championship this year. It won't even be a contest.

I remember reading something early on this year asking about what someone would have to offer before that particular journalist would give up Dwight in a straight up, player for player trade.

The answer: "Lebron or D-wade. And I'd give serious thought to Dwight for Kobe, but would likely turn it down."

So no, that trade isn't happening.

No way in hell would that happen, it shows how single minded and ignorant certain writers are, that is ridicolous! Not that long ago we were mentioning J-How as our no.1 target in FA before he re-signed, why in the hell would we give up Dwight for him straight up!

This is hilarious, not only are they suggesting that someone would listen to an all-star big for and all-star SF but they are talking about it straight up.

Lets put it this way, there is no player in the league that I would trade Dwight for period.

Ahhh the thought of J.Howard and D.Howard playing together,that would have been special. I'll take Nowtizki,and Devon harris for Dwight.

It should be an easy answer. Josh is a great player, but I'd have to think that every NBA team out there would prefer Dwight if they had a choice out of the two players.