Sign in to follow this  
KillingInTheNameOf

Kitno's Kids Day (Mo ?'s answered!)

What is Kitno's Kids Day U Ask?

It's a day where I, KillingInTheNameOf, aka Kitno, aka The Ghost of John Gabriel, take a group of you to an Orlando Magic playoff game.

In addition to the game, Kitno has arranged for pre-game tailgate festivities that will include a BBQ Pit, Kegs, & very special guest appearance. It will be like college if you went to Ole Miss only the special guest won't be recruiting you for the KKK!

Who Is Eligible To Be A Kitno's Kid?

Any member of this forumn who wishes to attend a playoff game with a group of their fellow board members & is willing to wear a Kitno's Kids T-shirt to the game.

The Contest:

In 24 words or less, convince me to give you the tix.

The shot clock is ticking, be creative!!! Winners will be announced sometime between today & the playoffs.

Q&A (this is where I will address ?'s regarding KKD

Q: Will we get to hang with Kitno?

A: Hang is such a vague word

Q: Will The Ghost of John Gabriel be there?

A: Yes, but that doesn't mean you'll see him

Q: Will we be sitting together during the game?

A: Yes

Q: Will Kitno be sitting with us?

A: You might be sitting with Kitno if you are fine as hell & put out. Otherwise, no. Coming To America serves as a quality guide to how you can sit with Kitno during the game.

Q: Can I attend the tailgate festivities if I'm not officially a Kitno's Kid?

A: Absolutely, we'll take up whether or not you get food & beer on an individual basis however.

Q: Why do we have to wear the Kitno's Kids shirts?

A: Does it really matter why?

Q: Will the T's be cool?

A: You'll be drunk, it won't matter.

Q: Will the BBQ accomodate vegetarians?

A: Absolutely, if rolls, cole slaw, & BBQ sauce constitute accomodate.

Q: I'm a recovering alcoholic, will you have anything besides beer?

A: I could probably hook you up with some hydro

Q: How good are your tix?

A: You know where the Magic bench is? Oh, you meant the Kitno's Kids tix. Are you serious? You don't think I'm going to drop more than $40 a ticket on people I don't know do you?

Q: What's to prevent us from taking the T's off?

A: Nothing, what's to prevent me from going to security, claiming you stole my tix, and have you thrown out of the arena?

Q: My wife is willing to kiss you for tix

A: Wrong verb

Q: Is this an April Fool's joke or not?

A: I posted the contest on 4-1 for a reason

Q: I work with handicap & underprivledged kids and find your need to refer to others as "Kitno's Kids" very offensive. You're mocking legitimate charities, those who benefit from them, and are insulting forumn members who attend.

A: I'm considering renaming it to Kitno's Kids & Osprey's Chics Day.

Q: What date do we have to enter by?

A: Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Besides, if you don't attempt to enter until after I close the contest, you'll have another reason to whine about how you never win anything.

Q: Who is the special guest?

A: It's a surprise special guest!

Q: Is it going to be Smack Daddy?

A: I detect heavy sarcasm...

Q: What's the cheapest thing I can bribe you with?

A: I crave the home made beef jerky at Petty's to the point of obsession. Any woman in your life. I've always been a sucka for punnany and cured meat, what can I say?

Q: Why on earth would you do this?

A: I was inspired by the Clint Eastwood movie where he allows himself to be murdered in order to will his car to a vietnamese kid in order to redeem himself with the universe for shooting another vietnamese kid in vietnam.

I figured if I made multiple smaller sacrifices, it would square me with the universe in a similiar fashion for the sins I've committed without actually dying in order to achieve karmic neutrality or bliss.

Apparently, some fellow Magic fans on this board feel I've been mean to them. Therefore, by applying Clint's logic, and let's face it, who doesn't ask what would Clint do before they make important life decisions, if I give other Magic fans free tix my karma will at least be back to neutral. It's probably not enough to get me into heaven yet, but it possibly buys me some time in purgatory to make a case for myself should I die before I can do more nice things to neutralize all my negative karma to date...

*Edit, I've been informed the kids were Korean, not Vietnamese. My mistake.

Q: I heard you already informed some posters they will recieve tix, when are you gonna let us all know who won

A: If you'd prefer I could eliminate you from consideration today

Q: Do you know officially the date of the game?

A: No. First of all those dates aren't set yet. 2nd, I'm targeting the time frame that would be game #5 or #7 of the first round or one of the home games in the 2nd round. It's obviously a fluid process that requires flexibility. My goal is to guarantee the event comes off while leaving open holding it in the more desirable 2nd round. I will eval the first two/three games of the opening around and coordinate with those chosen to be Kitno's Kids to select the game at that time.

Q: Wouldn't it be simplier to hold it for game #1 of the opening round?

A: It would, but fortune favors the bold. Considering that we all expect to win the opening around, wouldn't it be twice as nice to hold it in the 2nd round?

What is Kitno's Kids Day U Ask?

It's a day where I, KillingInTheNameOf, aka Kitno, aka The Ghost of John Gabriel, take a group of you to an Orlando Magic playoff game.

In addition to the game, Kitno has arranged for pre-game tailgate festivities that will include a BBQ Pit, Kegs, & very special guest appearance. It will be like college if you went to Ole Miss only the special guest won't be recruiting you for the KKK!

Who Is Eligible To Be A Kitno's Kid?

Any member of this forumn who wishes to attend a playoff game with a group of their fellow board members & is willing to wear a Kitno's Kids T-shirt to the game.

The Contest:

In 24 words or less, convince me to give you the tix.

The shot clock is ticking, be creative!!! Winners will be announced sometime between today & the playoffs.

Q&A (this is where I will address ?'s regarding KKD

Q: Will we get to hang with Kitno?

A: Hang is such a vague word

Q: Will The Ghost of John Gabriel be there?

A: Yes, but that doesn't mean you'll see him

Q: Will we be sitting together during the game?

A: Yes

Q: Will Kitno be sitting with us?

A: You might be sitting with Kitno if you are fine as hell & put out. Otherwise, no. Coming To America serves as a quality guide to how you can sit with Kitno during the game.

Q: Can I attend the tailgate festivities if I'm not officially a Kitno's Kid?

A: Absolutely, we'll take up whether or not you get food & beer on an individual basis however.

Q: Why do we have to wear the Kitno's Kids shirts?

A: Does it really matter why?

Q: Will the T's be cool?

A: You'll be drunk, it won't matter.

Q: Will the BBQ accomodate vegetarians?

A: Absolutely, if rolls, cole slaw, & BBQ sauce constitute accomodate.

Q: I'm a recovering alcoholic, will you have anything besides beer?

A: I could probably hook you up with some hydro

Q: How good are your tix?

A: You know where the Magic bench is? Oh, you meant the Kitno's Kids tix. Are you serious? You don't think I'm going to drop more than $40 a ticket on people I don't know do you?

Q: What's to prevent us from taking the T's off?

A: Nothing, what's to prevent me from going to security, claiming you stole my tix, and have you thrown out of the arena?

Q: My wife is willing to kiss you for tix

A: Wrong verb

Q: Is this an April Fool's joke or not?

A: I posted the contest on 4-1 for a reason

Q: I work with handicap & underprivledged kids and find your need to refer to others as "Kitno's Kids" very offensive. You're mocking legitimate charities, those who benefit from them, and are insulting forumn members who attend.

A: I'm considering renaming it to Kitno's Kids & Osprey's Chics Day.

Q: What date do we have to enter by?

A: Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Besides, if you don't attempt to enter until after I close the contest, you'll have another reason to whine about how you never win anything.

Q: Who is the special guest?

A: It's a surprise special guest!

Q: Is it going to be Smack Daddy?

A: I detect heavy sarcasm...

Q: What's the cheapest thing I can bribe you with?

A: I crave the home made beef jerky at Petty's to the point of obsession. Any woman in your life. I've always been a sucka for punnany and cured meat, what can I say?

Q: Why on earth would you do this?

A: I was inspired by the Clint Eastwood movie where he allows himself to be murdered in order to will his car to a vietnamese kid in order to redeem himself with the universe for shooting another vietnamese kid in vietnam.

I figured if I made multiple smaller sacrifices, it would square me with the universe in a similiar fashion for the sins I've committed without actually dying in order to achieve karmic neutrality or bliss.

Apparently, some fellow Magic fans on this board feel I've been mean to them. Therefore, by applying Clint's logic, and let's face it, who doesn't ask what would Clint do before they make important life decisions, if I give other Magic fans free tix my karma will at least be back to neutral. It's probably not enough to get me into heaven yet, but it possibly buys me some time in purgatory to make a case for myself should I die before I can do more nice things to neutralize all my negative karma to date...

*Edit, I've been informed the kids were Korean, not Vietnamese. My mistake.

Q: I heard you already informed some posters they will recieve tix, when are you gonna let us all know who won

A: If you'd prefer I could eliminate you from consideration today

Q: Do you know officially the date of the game?

A: No. First of all those dates aren't set yet. 2nd, I'm targeting the time frame that would be game #5 or #7 of the first round or one of the home games in the 2nd round. It's obviously a fluid process that requires flexibility. My goal is to guarantee the event comes off while leaving open holding it in the more desirable 2nd round. I will eval the first two/three games of the opening around and coordinate with those chosen to be Kitno's Kids to select the game at that time.

Q: Wouldn't it be simplier to hold it for game #1 of the opening round?

A: It would, but fortune favors the bold. Considering that we all expect to win the opening around, wouldn't it be twice as nice to hold it in the 2nd round?

i have no fear of heckling the fan of another team until he or she is crying in front of their own child.... boob

wait i just realized i'm part of some kind of playoff package because of my season tix purchase next year, i'll show up either way.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i have no fear of heckling the fan of another team until he or she is crying in front of their own child.... boob

i'm willing to heckle the child until it cries

i also refer to children as "its"

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

APRILS FOOLS LOL!!!11

Cynicism is so ugly (lol) It's going to be a shame if you're watching the game from home on TV.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

wait i just realized i'm part of some kind of playoff package because of my season tix purchase next year, i'll show up either way.

Too bad, that was beautiful!

Perhaps you could be an official Kitno's Kids Day champerone? If you are willing to make sure Kitno's Kids don't drink too much by drinking as much as possible that would help.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

The Ghost of John Gabriel is my father.

What kind of man could foresake his own child?

I've never been good at things of this nature but honestly I would love to go and sit with 19 other OMMB members who are willing to cheer and help make the Orena rock again. I dont mind standing up and getting loud and cheering on our team.

Hopefully if the right 20 go we can get our entire section going nuts and once the entire section starts goin nuts the entire Orena will go nuts. Thus Kitno's Kids setting the standard to which all further playoff games be held to. I will be attending the games no matter what but I have always wanted to go with a large group and see what kind of effect we can have on the home court advantage.

All this can be made possible if I am a part of Kitno's kids. Think about it... Seriously... Help me help Kitno's kids help the Orena help our Magic win a championship.

Edit: Somewhere around 25 words I forgot about the 24 word thing. But ehh, I think it looks good the way it is.