Sign in to follow this  
God hates Magic fans

Hey Stan

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Lastly the guy plays 2 games and hits a couple of 3's and you all act like he is an All-NBA performer.

Unfortunately, the Ariza-crazies will continue to harp about the trade anytime performs decently or hits a jumper or two.

I fear that this board is in for the worst when he has a 20 point game. People will start comparing him to T-Mac again, except with better defense.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Unfortunately, the Ariza-crazies will keep harping about the trade anytime he has a decent performance or hits a jumper or two.

I fear that this board is in for the worst when he has a 20 point game. People will start comparing him to T-Mac again, except with better everything forever, Amen..

Fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

First off SVG is not responsible for any trades. That is on Otis.

Second Trevor Ariza has played the following the last 3 seasons...57, 57, and 35 games.

Third hasn't the bigger problem been the lack of offensive production from the bench. I do not see how Ariza would help in this department.

Lastly the guy plays 2 games and hits a couple of 3's and you all act like he is an All-NBA performer.

Stan isn't responsible for making trade, but even a blind man could see that SVG name was written all over that trade, because before Stan got the job, Otis was saying how Ariza was a big part of the future.

Otis said the same thing about Darko.

Not that it really matters but I have it on good authority that Trevor requested the trade and they were ok with making it happen due to concerns over a structural problem with his foot. That doesn't excuse this franchise for the horrible moves they've made or the way they allow assets to walk out the door for nothing but Stan has had nothing to do with those trades.

Yeah, but the NBA is nothing but a revolving door of assets walking in and out of teams. I mean, what league trades players in order to get nothing (but cap room, which is nothing).

I am sure if one were to analyze any team in this league, you would see that each team has traded players, not resigned and missed players in the draft whom they should not have.

If you add this to the fact that the NBA seems to be the league where players who seem to have endless talent fail time and again, it makes it very hard to make personel decisions.

It's easy with our hindsight glasses on right now, but who is to say that Ariza won't have the structural foot issue come up and bite him in the butt during this grinding 82 game season? See Mr. Hill for that one.

quote:
Otis said the same thing about Darko.

Darko was a part of the future, but when Darko agent came trying to overvalue his client, Otis had a change of plans. So you really can compare Ariza situation with Darko.

Why do Magic fans insist on torturing themselves with these threads? The Doug Christie trade was 4 years ago! I think it may be time to let it go. The same goes for Trevor. When the man shows he can play more than 50 games and hit more than 2 3 pointers then I will worry about it.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

Yup, just another horrible trade in long list of horrible trades the Magic have pulled off; the worst of course being Doug Christie. Anybody think of a worse one?

The reason why the Magic traded Mobley was because he was up for a new contract, and the Magic knew he was due a nice contract that they couldn't afford.

quote:

quote:

Yup, just another horrible trade in long list of horrible trades the Magic have pulled off; the worst of course being Doug Christie. Anybody think of a worse one?

The reason why the Magic traded Mobley was because he was up for a new contract, and the Magic knew he was due a nice contract that they couldn't afford.

Actually it was because their defense was horrid that season and though misguided they thought that Christie would help in that regard.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually it was because their defense was horrid that season and though misguided they thought that Christie would help in that regard.

That and Weisbrod and JD felt like Francis was in too much of a comfort zone with Cuttino and they wanted him looking to move the ball around to others.

Darko's agent had a part in him leaving, Otis offering Lewis all that money and leaving no room to work with Darko also had something to do with it. Listen, Darko is an enormous waste of 7ft. Goukis made mention that he more than likely is one of those guys that only plays basketball because he can make money and is tall but doesn't really like to play. My point in this is not to say that Darko is a great loss, it's to say that Otis says a whole lot of things but it doesn't make them true.

quote:

quote:

Second Trevor Ariza has played the following the last 3 seasons...57, 57, and 35 games.

Third hasn't the bigger problem been the lack of offensive production from the bench. I do not see how Ariza would help in this department.

Stan isn't responsible for making trade, but even a blind man could see that SVG name was written all over that trade, because before Stan got the job, Otis was saying how Ariza was a big part of the future.

Yeah a future...That ended with the signing of Rashard Lewis. He would be the third best small forward on the team and while it would be better than excellent to have perhaps the most athletic starting five next season (Nelson, Pietrus, Ariza, Lewis, Howard...I need to stop drooling) I don't think that it was in either Ariza's or the Magic's best interest for him to sit on the bench for two seasons

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:

Yeah a future...That ended with the signing of Rashard Lewis. He would be the third best small forward on the team and while it would be better than excellent to have perhaps the most athletic starting five next season (Nelson, Pietrus, Ariza, Lewis, Howard...I need to stop drooling) I don't think that it was in either Ariza's or the Magic's best interest for him to sit on the bench for two seasons

Last year Bogans and Ariza was competing for the starting SG position, so the Lewis signing didn't have any affect on Ariza, it was his lack of outside shooting. Stan wanted to surround Dwight around shooter.

quote:
SVG makes the trades on this team?

He does if you don't have a firm grip on reality.

quote:
Why do Magic fans insist on torturing themselves with these threads? The Doug Christie trade was 4 years ago! I think it may be time to let it go. The same goes for Trevor. When the man shows he can play more than 50 games and hit more than 2 3 pointers then I will worry about it.

Agreed. People are never going to let this Ariza thing go (and I think LA is a better fit for him anyway).