Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Shawn Marion to the Magic? Updates on Carter, Lewis--(Steve Kyler, Hoopsworld)

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Marion for ANYTHING on this Magic roster short of Dwight is fantastic for us.

ANYTHING. Probably a pipe dream, but you never know.

But you guys need to quit overvaluing our guys. I dunno if it's east coast bias or what. We're talking about Shawn freggin' Marion here.

Still.... I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly, Marion is one of the best in the NBA, he is one of only a few players that I would break this roster up for, people that say they wouldnt include Darko - are you kidding me?!?

Just imagine a lineup of

Jameer

JJ

Ariza

Matrix

D12

Good stuff as always Junkie!

I like Marion a lot but wonder if he is worth giving up that much. My biggest question is whether he is a guy who can create his own shot and score during crunchtime? With Nash around he never really has to do that and struggled in that role when Nash missed some games this year. Plus guys who rely so much on athletism lose their games a lot faster after 30.

I guess a lot will depend on the price they want for him.

I agree with some of you on here. Matrix would be a great addition to this team. But, some of you do over-value our players. And, if we did trade for Marion, we'd still have the cap space to go after a top flight FA.

I can't wait till this summer.

Shawn Marion excelled for the Suns long before Steve Nash showed up. If he can perform alongside Starbury, then I think he could make it work here. But he won't put up the same numbers, simply because the ball distribution and style of play are different.

I would still love to have him on this team, and it would be worth Turk, Arroyo, and Darko to make it happen.

Defensively he would work although I wonder if Phx is going to want Darko to get him.

Offensively he puts up numbers but he is not a guy that creates his own offense, he finishes plays set up by others. Right now that really isn't our strength so I don't know if he solves the issue of us not having a go to guy.

We don't have Steve Nash on our team. I don't thin he would be as effective without a PG like that. He is great, one of the most underrated players in the league, but I would not except to get the same Marion here without a Nash running things.

This article seems like a lot of wild speculation, and I have little belief that Marion is actually going anywhere.

As for that trade, it wouldn't work based off CAP anyway, and I see no reason why Phoenix would want it.

he's making 15mill this season and 16.4 next season. i guess we'd have to give up darko AND ariza to get marion. i think that's to much and doesn't make any sense for both teams

I dont know if you all remember this, but one of the offers for Tracy McGrady was Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson for Mcgrady and a few players at the time. We persisted to want Marion and Stodemire and they pulled the offer. Looking back, this trade would have been sick, even though johnson probably would have signed somewhere else anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by New Managment Please:

I dont know if you all remember this, but one of the offers for Tracy McGrady was Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson for Mcgrady and a few players at the time. We persisted to want Marion and Stodemire and they pulled the offer. Looking back, this trade would have been sick, even though johnson probably would have signed somewhere else anyway.

You just gave me another reason to hate Weispuck.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by New Managment Please:

You just gave me another reason to hate Weispuck.

Yeah but if we would have have them on our team, we would not have been able to draft Fran that next year because our record would have been too good.....We all know how good Fran turned out to be.....

Now Seriously, that would have been great. But it didn't happen. We have to deal with it. I am not sure it would be a good fit with the team. That is also a lot of money, 16 mil. That would make him our franchise star, along with Dwight. I guess I would like to see it happen, but I am not sure how that will affect our team and if it would be positive.