Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

HOOPSWORLD preseason power rankings: EAST

I had to leave this comment.

quote:
posted by Jareth Cutestory, 7 August 2008 11:41:34 AM

"Please be respectful of the writers in your comments or they will be removed" How can I be respectful, when she clearly doesn't respect the game enough to research her information before she posts trash like this?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The three rankings ahead of the Magic all include "IF". There is no if associated with this year's Magic team. We're not looking for a new acquisition to play 10x better than he did last year.

And sense when is Lebron able to carry "any group of players" on his shoulders, but "Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry a team" along with Rashard, Turk, Pietrus, etc???

Like I said, it's as if the writer has no actual basketball knowledge.

But Lebron was on SNL AND hosted the ESPY's! That's gotta be worth 5 wins at least!

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The three rankings ahead of the Magic all include "IF". There is no if associated with this year's Magic team. We're not looking for a new acquisition to play 10x better than he did last year.

And sense when is Lebron able to carry "any group of players" on his shoulders, but "Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry a team" along with Rashard, Turk, Pietrus, etc???

Like I said, it's as if the writer has no actual basketball knowledge.

But Lebron was on SNL AND hosted the ESPY's! That's gotta be worth 5 wins at least!

he just had new shoes come out too...that should equal atleast 1-2 more quality wins for them.

The lady is a moron, no question.

But why all the hate for Lebron? Didn't he singlehandedly carry his team to The Finals 2 seasons ago, and in this year's playoffs gave the Celtics all they could handle, and a lot more than the Pistons or Lakers gave them?

And his teammates are so bad that Fran Vasquez, Doug Christie, JJ Redick and Carlos Arroyo outclass the rest of the pitiful Cav roster.

What is it that makes fans deny reality and act like these things didn't happen?

If you don't like him, I get that. I hate Favre with a passion; always have; always will. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Favre is not a HOFer.

Separate your hate from your judgement.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9710

6. Orlando Magic: Rashard Lewis was supposed to help Dwight Howard lead the Magic on a deep postseason run. That didn't happen. The Magic fell short in the playoffs and have done little to spark hope for a championship next season. They will need more than Mickael Pietrus off the bench to make up for their thin backcourt, which boasts a mediocre point guard in Jameer Nelson and the rarely-used-but-never-traded J.J. Redick. Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry this team.

fail.gif

Wow! You guys stirred the masses, LOL!!

The other Hoopsworld writers are reading some of your comments and posting in support of Jessica's comments.

Steve Kyler is now posting in the make your comments section:

quote:

--------------------------------- Disappointed yet again HoopsWorld, give us something to read that's worthwhile for once. ---------------------------------- As the author of our Content Plan, I challenge our people to write things that have mass appeal... we have done a lot of research on what creates the most interest and conversation and interactivity among readers and these types of articles do that. When there are things to report we report them, better than most - we broke the Marcus Camby trade, we broke the James Posey signing, we broke the Luol Deng deal and many many others - however we also pride ourselves in discussing other elements too... some you will agree with, some you won't the point is every day there will be fresh materials throughout the day... while the rest of the sports world ramps up for Football, we'll be in the gym with players getting ready for the season... this is what we do... thanks for the feeback.

You guys don't get them to pissed off, lol, or they won't ever give us any love!

What the FAVRE is this girl talking about.

First of all yes Lebron is absolutely fantastic and only 2nd to Kobe in my opinion but that does not mean anything. Every team below them in her rankings have made improvements while the Ben Wallace and Wally Z are getting older and I am pretty sure they have not re-signed West yet.

Jermaine O'Neal has not been healthy in years and all of a sudden he is going to be fine. If he is chaulk him up under another guy who wanted to get paid franchise money but did not want the responsibility of carrying his team.

I know its just an article/blog post but someone as "big" as Hoopsworld should do just a shred more research.

quote:

Jessica Camerato is an idiot. Also, check out the comments at the bottom, pretty much everyone is complaining on Orlando's position.

Everyone? As in people in this forum?

quote:
Originally posted by orlandojnf:

quote:

Jessica Camerato is an idiot. Also, check out the comments at the bottom, pretty much everyone is complaining on Orlando's position.

Everyone? As in people in this forum?

Haha... Yeah, pretty much. I was looking at the time the comments were posted not knowing they are in the central time zone, thus I thought the comments were made before we got to it.