Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Mo Evans to sign with the Hawks (link) - We'll get to see him a lot next year!

Well Ill man up and give him his due. On the other thread, I questioned his advice and his own judgement by turning down what I thought was a good offer by Golden State.

He got an extra mil and will get a good amount of playing time with the Hawks.

Good job Mo. Extra duckies and a good amount of playing time. Ill stand corrected

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Poor Mo, he'll have to see us 4 times a year. Then again, the Hawks are our Kryptonite...

Yeah, I see this as interesting, because we "UPGRADED" at the 2 and that will be the most interesting matchup...if he starts, but I doubt it!!!

I don't think this is anything we should be too worried about. I'm happy for the guy, really, but I'm not going to worry about him killing us when he plays us. Joe Johnson, that is the guy that lights us up. If the Hawks sign Josh Smith and are able to carry over their success against the Celtics into a surge next season, then players like Smith, Bibby, and Williams, will be of greater concern than Mo Evans.

If you want to worry about a team in our conference that has upgraded, worry about the Sixers. They have an all-star post presence, a defensive center, athletic wing players, and guards that are faster than ours.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I don't think this is anything we should be too worried about. I'm happy for the guy, really, but I'm not going to worry about him killing us when he plays us. Joe Johnson, that is the guy that lights us up. If the Hawks sign Josh Smith and are able to carry over their success against the Celtics into a surge next season, then players like Smith, Bibby, and Williams, will be of greater concern than Mo Evans.

If you want to worry about a team in our conference that has upgraded, worry about the Sixers. They have an all-star post presence, a defensive center, athletic wing players, and guards that are faster than ours.

Agreed. Add the Nets to that list as well. I expect them to be most improved from last year

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

Mo Evans = Smush Parker

He will be a Magic Killer...

That deal wasnt that great...im shocked we couldnt keep him for that...

That comparison to Smush is almost an insult..

The Magic could've gotten quite a few players for little too if Otis had any idea how to do business.

I agree that Mo will be a Magic killer. The guy wasn't too consistent but he'll have a great night when he plays us unless someone like Lee could lock him down.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Agreed. Add the Nets to that list as well. I expect them to be most improved from last year

...76ers?

my bad, i thought you meant the nets were the most improved team. i think the bulls improved a lot too. they were better than their record indicated, imo. also, toronto looks good on paper as well. long story short, the east looks a lot better, doesnt it?