Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Crittenton deal to be completed this week??? [Espn forums]

I was just browsing the ESPN boards so take it for what its worth..

quote:
With the Vegas Summer League coming to a close today, look for Otis to return to Orlando with all the peramiters worked out with Memphis in sending Keith Bogans and a future 2nd round pick there for Javaris Crittenton. Otis has been scouting Crittenton this week in Vegas. I expect the deal to be complete by the end of the week. Look for a new player representing the #1 jersey in Orlando next year, with Evans gone.

Our 2008-2009 line-up right now (including Crittenton)

PG: Jameer Nelson (Javaris Crittenton, Anthony Johnson)

SG: Mickael Pietrus (Courtney Lee, JJ Reddick)

SF: Rashard Lewis (Hedo Turkoglu)

PF: Tony Battie (Brian Cook, James Augustine)

C: Dwight Howard (Marcin Gortat, Adonal Foyle)

Also, still look for us to possibly move JJ Reddick and/or Brian Cook for a servicable, banger at PF. There are plenty of teams looking to get under the cap for 2010 and both Reddick and Cook's contracts expire then.

Anyone want to chime in with who they see us possibly getting as another PF? (No Haslem, everyone knows Miami isn't going to do anything to help the Magic, nothing at all)

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=orl&tid=3120546&lid=11

Junkie, SoulBro, Cat... Any info on this ? :s

quote:
With the Vegas Summer League coming to a close today, look for Otis to return to Orlando with all the peramiters worked out with Memphis in sending Keith Bogans and a future 2nd round pick there for Javaris Crittenton. Otis has been scouting Crittenton this week in Vegas. I expect the deal to be complete by the end of the week. Look for a new player representing the #1 jersey in Orlando next year, with Evans gone.

Also, still look for us to possibly move JJ Reddick and/or Brian Cook for a servicable, banger at PF. There are plenty of teams looking to get under the cap for 2010 and both Reddick and Cook's contracts expire then.

Anyone want to chime in with who they see us possibly getting as another PF? (No Haslem, everyone knows Miami isn't going to do anything to help the Magic, nothing at all)

Crit for Keith and a 2nd???

HELLL YESSSSS

What Ive seen and heard, I wouldnt discount Brian Cook. Hes really gotten himself in great shape and would be as good as anyone we could get at this time.

Hes also gonna play his butt off, as it is a contract year.

I really don't want to be a killjoy but......"WHO IS THIS GUY"???

Star, your post are always quite good and meaningful, but you could have made the same statement yourself, or for that matter anyone of us!

Is there something we should know about this Poster, or is he just another one of us die hard fans waiting for this deal to get done?

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

quote:

That guy sounds way too sure about that. Now don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to get Critt for Bogans and a 2nd but how did the starting point go from JJ and 1st to someone with perceivably lower value and and a significantly lower pick? If we can get Critt for that I'd be astatic.

the starting point for the trade was always bogans and a future pick...in fact, it was only speculators on this board that suggested jj and a first rounder.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I really don't want to be a killjoy but......"WHO IS THIS GUY"???

Star, your post are always quite good and meaningful, but you could have made the same statement yourself, or for that matter anyone of us!

Is there something we should know about this Poster, or is he just another one of us die hard fans waiting for this deal to get done?

IDK who the guy is lol. I read those boards quite alot and have never seen him before but by the way the other posters replied to his post, it seems as if he is credible down there.

I'm just calling on BJ, SoulBro or Catman to be sure lol

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

the starting point for the trade was always bogans and a future pick...in fact, it was only speculators on this board that suggested jj and a first rounder.

True. I took what was said on these boards as fact, which in many cases, is not very smart to do. I think we have to restructure Critt's contract before the trade though because, at least according to ESPN trade machine, the Grizzlies are just over the cap and we'd have to shave $738,050 from our end of the deal (or take that much back) in order to make the deal work.

Trade Machine: Bogans for Critt

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

Seriously, where have our "insiders" been lately. Haven't heard any new news on our pursuit of Critt from them. It's quiet, a little too quiet.

But of course you know what could be happening while it's quiet. Hope Otis is hammering out the deal as we speak.

I know! But the silentness is killing me!

quote:
Originally posted by ivro89:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

True. I took what was said on these boards as fact, which in many cases, is not very smart to do. I think we have to restructure Critt's contract before the trade though because, at least according to ESPN trade machine, the Grizzlies are just over the cap and we'd have to shave $738,050 from our end of the deal (or take that much back) in order to make the deal work.

Trade Machine: Bogans for Critt

Memphis is well under the cap so they can take back more salary then they send out.