Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Emeka Okafor, Bobcats Agree on Deal (pg. 5)

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Personally I'd rather watch JJ sit then play for Brown and Jordan.

They already have their version of JJ in Morrison.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Personally I'd rather watch JJ sit then play for Brown and Jordan.

They already have their version of JJ in Morrison.

except Morrison has played enough and proven he sucks while JJ has sat the bench. I'd take JJ over Morrison any day.

Why would you trade Lewis for Okafor? That would be a horrible trade.

This would leave the team with two great inside defenders and rebounders who have a limited offensive game. They can score around the basket, but have no midrange shot.

That trade would make the team completely unbalanced and worsen them greatly.

quote:
Originally posted by mdamico:

This would leave the team with two great inside defenders and rebounders who have a limited offensive game. They can score around the basket, but have no midrange shot.

i'm not disagreeing with you, but isn't that what we paid Shard like 120 mil for?? to score points? i think this trade is VERY unlikely, but if it is.....whew! our frontcourt just got MUCH better....

nelson/critt?/AJ

pietrus/jj/lee

shard/?

okafur/battie

howard/gortat

did i miss anyone? cookie and bogans being part of the trade to bring okafur here. anyone left out? looks like we need another SF....

edit: i know bogans and cookie alone won't bring okafur here, i just mean players we'd be sending out, not everything included in the deal...

quote:
Originally posted by mdamico:

What are you talking about? Dwight, Hedo, Okafor and Jameer are more than capable scorers. We'd be trading offense for DEFENSE (though I think Jameer is more than capable of stepping up to take a bigger scoring load), and that's what you have to do to win a Championship. Boston, Detroit, San Antonio -- their defense is what dictated their success.

if emeka's driving purpose was to get a max contract, then why did he turn one down? it appears as if he just wants out of charlotte. since he is a RFA, the only way he will be traded is through S&T. even if he signed a max deal, turk, bogans, and cook(plus a future 1st) works through the CBA and charlotte fills holes as well as picks up a future pick.

i would do that...our salary wouldnt be any higher this year with the trade either, so no lux tax(this year).

seriously, who would be able to field a better team than us if we got him?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

if emeka's driving purpose was to get a max contract, then why did he turn one down? it appears as if he just wants out of charlotte. since he is a RFA, the only way he will be traded is through S&T. even if he signed a max deal, turk, bogans, and cook(plus a future 1st) works through the CBA and charlotte fills holes as well as picks up a future pick.

i would do that...our salary wouldnt be any higher this year with the trade either, so no lux tax(this year).

Did he turn down a max offer? I thought it was like 10M. Maybe wrong, but I kinda recall Deng, Gordan, Okafer all turning down a very similiar deal.

All I know is Gilbert Arenas has proven very prophetic with respect to this entire rookie class (including Atl boys).

Something is seriously out of balance in the universe when Gilbert is the symbol of integrity and voice of reason...

No one knows why these guys do what they do, but with a chance to team up a player like this along with Dwight to patrol the paint, someone (that's you Otis) should at least reach out and test the waters.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Did he turn down a max offer? I thought it was like 10M. Maybe wrong, but I kinda recall Deng, Gordan, Okafer all turning down a very similiar deal.

All I know is Gilbert Arenas has proven very prophetic with respect to this entire rookie class (including Atl boys).

Something is seriously out of balance in the universe when Gilbert is the symbol of integrity and voice of reason...

He turned down a 12 mil offer.