Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Emeka Okafor, Bobcats Agree on Deal (pg. 5)

quote:
A source with knowledge of the negotiations says Emeka Okafor is ready to move on, rather than accept what the Charlotte Bobcats have offered long-term for his services.

Okafor would be an unrestricted free agent next summer, but the Bobcats might be inclined to negotiate a sign-and-trade now in order to get value back for him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53696/20080722/o...away_from_charlotte/

Is this enough Value for Turk?

Would you take him to form arguably THE best defensive froncourt tandems in the NBA?

What about rebounds?

I say we try to jump on this!

quote:
A source with knowledge of the negotiations says Emeka Okafor is ready to move on, rather than accept what the Charlotte Bobcats have offered long-term for his services.

Okafor would be an unrestricted free agent next summer, but the Bobcats might be inclined to negotiate a sign-and-trade now in order to get value back for him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53696/20080722/o...away_from_charlotte/

Is this enough Value for Turk?

Would you take him to form arguably THE best defensive froncourt tandems in the NBA?

What about rebounds?

I say we try to jump on this!

Id love Okafor here, but I dont think we can do it at this time. Taking on this type of salary this year would be a lot. Next year perhaps, but its a bit rich if they want to stay within the rhelm of the cap.

But im not an expert at the cap, but if it could be done, id love it

I'm with Natmayo on both counts: I'd love to have him down there with Dwight, as Omeka's a better offensive rebounder and is a pretty amazing shot-blocker.

I just don't see it happening with the current salary situation.

i dont think you could find a better fit for our PF spot than emeka. however, as others mentioned, the salary thing would be a major stumbling block. unless if he was willing to take a modest salary raise. if he agreed to a S&T with us for a starting salary of lets say 10mil, with the 10.5% raise, we could send them turk, the TE, and a future 1st perhaps...that works...

would charlotte and otis do that though?

The CAP really sucks right now though, but could you imagine pairing Dwight and Emeka?!!!! That is INSANE! nobody would be able to score on us inside or grab ANY rebounds.

Then if we can grab Critt, we'd have another defensive backcourt!

Howard

Okafor

Lewis

Pietrus

Crittenton

Can you say TOTAL LOCKDOWN??!!!!

As much as I would love to have this guy.....I think we would get Haslem before Okafor, the math and the divison place this thing out of reach!

This would be a major hit to the Bobcats. But I think they will probably work it out. It is however the first trade for Turk that I personally would be interested in.

It seems we have one of these Okafur discussions at least once a month. Guys, he wants a max contract! There is no way we can afford to pay him. I can't figure out why this is so hard to understand. Turk's salary wouldn't come close to matching the amount Okafur is looking for in a sign and trade.

If you want to dream have at it but please don't think this is a realistic option.