Sign in to follow this  
BigPapa

You Wouldn't Believe It

quote:
Originally posted by Big EB:

what if the VIP he is talking about is Stan Van Gundy? that would be weird if he actually came on here to post information though.

Now that would be cool...or anyone else that actually works with the team. But I am sure you can see how that would jeopardize the team...Our inside info, for the most part, is meant for us to have it. The real dark secrets are probably protected very well..

I hear you, Dave. No offense taken. What is funny about basketball is that, compared to other sports, not a lot of moves can be (will be) made on a year-to-year basis. That is not saying there isn't a lot of activity going on behind closed doors.

If you look back, much of the "inside info" posted, at least from me, had to do with discussions taking place. Drafting a SG, targeting Maggette for the MLE, passing on Arthur for health concerns, passing on CDR and Dorsey for character concerns, and so on. Even the latest, this info about Critt, was insider info ... info the public did not know. Does this insider info mean it will happen? No. But what I like about it is that it lets us read how our organization is working hard to put a winner on the floor.

Go Magic!

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I hear you, Dave. No offense taken. What is funny about basketball is that, compared to other sports, not a lot of moves can be (will be) made on a year-to-year basis. That is not saying there isn't a lot of activity going on behind closed doors.

If you look back, much of the "inside info" posted, at least from me, had to do with discussions taking place. Drafting a SG, targeting Maggette for the MLE, passing on Arthur for health concerns, passing on CDR and Dorsey for character concerns, and so on. Even the latest, this info about Critt, was insider info ... info the public did not know. Does this insider info mean it will happen? No. But what I like about it is that it lets us read how our organization is working hard to put a winner on the floor.

Go Magic!

I agree it is nice to see that the upper management of the Magic organization actually works for that money that they make. And it is also refreshing to see the Magic active in the free agent/ trade market unlike many of the past off seasons.

The Critt thing was known like 8 hours before Denton wrote about it. Even if the trade doesn't go down, there are people on this board who wrote about it before the media. And, the Magic, for sure, were looking to deal for him. They still might get him.

BTW, I never said that the VIP insider worked inside the Magic organization. He does not.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I have some insider information for the lot of you: I'm about to give birth to a food baby.

This one is quote worthy, if I didn't like the one I have so much I would be replacing it with this one.

BigPapa welcome to the REAL BOARDS! I have been here under different ALIASES lol for 2 years now. I love this Board far better than RealGm and the other sites. Im a huge fan of the Magic since the inception. Beleive it or not, besides NY Fans these fans here really know what theyre talking about. Many of us have different oppinions of course but I resepect every1 here. In response to your Insider we all know it has to be either Schmidtz or Bianci from the Sentinel. My guess is Bianchi...