Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

7 years later would you still take Jeryl Sasser with the 22nd pick?

Instead of drafting Sasser we could have drafted Gerald Wallace, Samuel Dalembert, Tony Parker, Mehmet Okur, or Gilbert Arenas. Man, if we had drafted one of those guys we wouldn't have to draft a shooting guard, point guard, or another big man in this draft. God, are management really knows how to mishandle the draft.

I say we all sit around and be miserable about it all day.

Instead of drafting Sasser we could have drafted Gerald Wallace, Samuel Dalembert, Tony Parker, Mehmet Okur, or Gilbert Arenas. Man, if we had drafted one of those guys we wouldn't have to draft a shooting guard, point guard, or another big man in this draft. God, are management really knows how to mishandle the draft.

Jeryl Sasser was and will always be our misfortune.

I wouldnt buy a whopper if he was flipping it.

IMO the worst pick ever by this franchise and thats saying something.

Id rather have Reece Gaines back.

Our team with Brian Cook and Tony Battie this season would have won the championship. All we would have needed to do was the little things, and Hedo would have needed to step up his game in the playoffs. Our team doesn't need to undergo huge changes.

Orlando Magic will be a contender for years to come, and you are going to cry and whine about a stupid draft pick 7 years ago.

We have the most dominant center in the NBA, 2 of the most versatile 6'10" players in the league on one team. We have a young, prosperous, and gutsy point guard who is nowhere near his max potential.

All we need to do is draft a decent bench player, sign another decent player/starter w/ MLE.

And, if we don't trade JJ, who's to say he doesn't break out this season.

Imagine JJ being as good as he was supposed to be on this team. Unbeatable.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

You would have to give me all of those players listed above to take that guy for my team. His jumper gave me nightmares, I had to go to therapy. Whoever made the call on drafting him should not only never be allowed to be associated with the NBA ever again, they should be sent to a small island in the Pacific where the native pygmies eat humans and dance around in banana hammocks all day long.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Our team with Brian Cook and Tony Battie this season would have won the championship. All we would have needed to do was the little things, and Hedo would have needed to step up his game in the playoffs. Our team doesn't need to undergo huge changes.

Orlando Magic will be a contender for years to come, and you are going to cry and whine about a stupid draft pick 7 years ago.

We have the most dominant center in the NBA, 2 of the most versatile 6'10" players in the league on one team. We have a young, prosperous, and gutsy point guard who is nowhere near his max potential.

All we need to do is draft a decent bench player, sign another decent player/starter w/ MLE.

And, if we don't trade JJ, who's to say he doesn't break out this season.

Imagine JJ being as good as he was supposed to be on this team. Unbeatable.

Hmmmm Me thinks the OP meant this thread as a joke perhaps?

The thing is that I remember watching that draft with a copy of that day's Sentinal where Povtak had his predictions. Our biggest need was PG and Arenas and Tinsley who were projected to be gone by the time we picked, kept falling. (Parker was pure SA genious, I don't recall seeing his name anywhere.

When the time came for our pick, I was certain Arenas or Tinsley would be hours, predictably, we picked Sasser and the rest is infamy.

Thanks to our friends at Wikipedia we get this nugget...

He has also played with the Yakama Sun Kings of the Continental Basketball Association, and with French Pro A team

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

Yes, I would take him because had we not taken him and sucked enough to win the lottery, we'd have never landed Dwight Howard.

that's exactly what i was thinking about