Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

D--n, look at these reports on Dorsey's workouts!(HoopsWorld)

quote:

Mid-Day Report: Dorsey Impressing

By: Jason Fleming Last Updated: 6/10/08 11:08 AM ET | 78 times read

Dorsey Outperforming Projected Lottery Picks:

In Memphis yesterday there was quite the set of players, including probably top-seven pick Kevin Love, projected lottery pick DeAndre Jordan, and projected first-round choice JaVale McGee. Love was very impressive, according to Memphis General Manager Chris Wallace, but Joey Dorsey

quote:

Mid-Day Report: Dorsey Impressing

By: Jason Fleming Last Updated: 6/10/08 11:08 AM ET | 78 times read

Dorsey Outperforming Projected Lottery Picks:

In Memphis yesterday there was quite the set of players, including probably top-seven pick Kevin Love, projected lottery pick DeAndre Jordan, and projected first-round choice JaVale McGee. Love was very impressive, according to Memphis General Manager Chris Wallace, but Joey Dorsey

Not good.

If he's really worked himself into being drafted in the late first round, then I'm not sure we have a shot at him, since I still believe we'll be taking Rush/CDR with the 22nd.

Yeah, if we had any notions of getting an early second rounder and taking him, they may be out the window.

The next two weeks ought to be interesting.

There were a few more people talking highly about Dorsey other than Smack and Killing...although I'm sure they will be the loudest to proclaim that they were right.

This really doesn't surprise me at all. Dorsey is a excellent defender and matching up with other offensive threats (especially guys like Love who are a little undersized himself) is what he does best. I still doubt that Dorsey will be taken in the first round (unless its at the very end) but there is no question that he can play and contribute in this league. Otis should take a very hard look at him.

I also wouldn't get to excited over a workout. There are guys that shoot up the draft all the time because they are "workout wonders" only to turn out to be a bust when its time to play an actual game. Ask the Sonics how they feel about taking Saer Sene based almost exclusively on workouts. I'm not comparing him to Dorsey just making the point that one workout shouldn't change anyones mind that drastically.

He is still going to get drafted 32-36.

Trading JJ for Portlands 31st pick is still the smart move in my book. Getting Dorsey and CDR/Chalmers in the draft is good for us.

The Magic want Speights/Rush or CDR in Round 1. If Dorsey is there in the early 2nd, then Otis has a decision to make, and I think he has to go big in this case. I still think Otis would prefer to get Speights in round 1 and a guard in round 2.

*Edit* What did that SOURCE scream ... "HE CAN'T SHOOT!" He can't pass, either. While I like him as a prospect, I could never see him starting or playing much with Dwight.