Sign in to follow this  
lazee

JJ's got great work ethics

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...olumn?coll=orl-magic

quote:
This summer, he plans to hit the weight room -- he says his bench press is up from 185 to 230 pounds -- more than ever. Redick will play for the Magic's summer-league team and for Team USA "as long as my invitation is still good."

"I'm going to put pressure on myself this summer," he said. "I'm going to put in the work. I can't predict where I'll be, but I know I'll be a better player.

"I'd give myself a 'C' this year. Some say I've had a disappointing year. I say average. And I never want to be average."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...olumn?coll=orl-magic

quote:
This summer, he plans to hit the weight room -- he says his bench press is up from 185 to 230 pounds -- more than ever. Redick will play for the Magic's summer-league team and for Team USA "as long as my invitation is still good."

"I'm going to put pressure on myself this summer," he said. "I'm going to put in the work. I can't predict where I'll be, but I know I'll be a better player.

"I'd give myself a 'C' this year. Some say I've had a disappointing year. I say average. And I never want to be average."

"Never say die" Jonathan. Work on your shot. You've been walking through a blizzard lately.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Bench is up to 230? This kid has got to hit the weights. The senior high pg I mentor in LW can do that about 5x.

Cmon be real no one in high school can bench 230x5=1150 pounds...

my bad bench 230pounds 5 times... hell thats about normal that senior kid will probably never bench more then 275 in his life anyways.. im not afraid to say ive never done over 200

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Bench is up to 230? This kid has got to hit the weights. The senior high pg I mentor in LW can do that about 5x.

Cmon be real no one in high school can bench 230x5=1150 pounds...

my bad bench 230pounds 5 times... hell thats about normal that senior kid will probably never bench more then 275 in his life anyways.. im not afraid to say ive never done over 200

That's not true I saw some insanely strong kids when I was in high school. Most of them were on the football team but still...

I wouldn't want JJ to try and beef up too much. I dont want him to lose his shooting touch.

I know some of you guys hate it, but JJ is the White Reggie Miller. He can shoot the lights out and next year he will be able to create his own shot.

I find myself so freakin happy everytime he hits a shot. I dont know whether its because I want validation that the Magic made a good choice in the draft or that he has the sweetest stroke ive ever seen. No matter what the reason, I find myself rooting for him the same way I root for Howard.

JJ, MVP for the Rookie vs. Sophmore Game, All-Star weekend. 28 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists.

You heard it hear first. But it might not be true. It might be. Who knows.

TheGodfather

I've loved JJ every since he first came to Duke but he has a LOT to prove to me before I even put him in the same sentence as Reggie Miller. Now if we are talking only about college careers then that is a entirely different thing...