Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Tim Povtak says, "If Magic don't make playoffs the coaching staff needs to go"!

Click the link and go to where it says "Listen in". Top of page.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/

Lots of "very interesting" opinions given here by Tim Povtak whom I really think is the best Magic sportswriter along with John Denton.

He talks that he expects a lot of changes this summer with the team's personnel. Specifically at point guard.

He is adamant about tonight's game being a must win. Says if the Magic don't win tonight they will not make the playoffs and the coaching staff should go.

As I've posted here before, anybody that wants Brian gone "now" should hope for a loss tonight.

I don't like Brian that much but I can't pull for the team to lose like I think some of you are.

Oh well, big game tonight!

Click the link and go to where it says "Listen in". Top of page.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/

Lots of "very interesting" opinions given here by Tim Povtak whom I really think is the best Magic sportswriter along with John Denton.

He talks that he expects a lot of changes this summer with the team's personnel. Specifically at point guard.

He is adamant about tonight's game being a must win. Says if the Magic don't win tonight they will not make the playoffs and the coaching staff should go.

As I've posted here before, anybody that wants Brian gone "now" should hope for a loss tonight.

I don't like Brian that much but I can't pull for the team to lose like I think some of you are.

Oh well, big game tonight!

I cant't root for a lose, no matter how much I want Brian to go. I think he is gone as soon as the season is over anyway. We will barely have better record than we did last year, in a much weaker conference. Too many loses to weak teams and very bad rotations will doom Brian Hill.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMan83:

If we do get rid of Otis..I hope we go after Jerry West.

Jerry West wouldn't accept 30 million to come work for our selfish, under-achieving owners.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMan83:

If we do get rid of Otis..I hope we go after Jerry West.

Otis isn't going anywhere nor should he. He has done a very good job.

Greetings Junkie!

I'm with you as many others that I'll never roote for a loss, hope we win all the way from here on in.

Now here's my point. Even if we make the playoffs, I stil think we should get rid of management, coaching staff, and even the v.p. of basketball operations (I guess he would be included in management right?)!

There's really no future in this so-called coaching staff...they really haven't caused much change in the past couple of years especially in the positive side of development.

For some reason, it just hasn't happened, it hasn't clicked, worked, the powers-that-be have not shined upon us, the stars haven't lined up and certainly we haven't had much of a glimpse or spark of what it was like to win 5, 7 games in a row.

Our "star" players which have been labeled as "franchise" players have not developed as we would've wanted them to by this point. One is a ball-hog who just so happens to love individual play and desires self-glory to be appraised to him...the other is one of the most feared beasts in the league who hasn't learned to play off double-teams, can't shoot and hit a mid-range shot or free throw for that matter, and leads the league in turnovers.

While I do believe it is ultimately the players' own desire and responsibility to better themselves on the court, I also believe that the coaching staff and management have to take some blame for a players' lack of development in 3 years.

Something's just rotten in Denmark...Denmark in this case being Orlando's front office.

I say remove and replace them even if we make the playoffs. It will be a great experience for our guys to get post-season play, but when we start the season again, if we don't win the championship, what are we to expect? I'll tell you what...absolutely the same thing we've received the last 3 years...INCONSISTENCY both at the player level and the coaching staff.

But my thing is, at this point, it's the coaching staff who should be held accountable for our misfortunes as of late.

Get some people in here who can actually motivate these guys and teach them the fundamentals...which is sad I would actually suggest this since at this level fundamentals and basics should be a given!

Much Love!

Wow! Have you guys seen this? Click this link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

I have seen some of our local sportswriter's question Brian Hill's strategies but none of them have ever, to my knowledge come out and said I think he should be fired.

Not only is Povtak suggesting that but it is on the "front" page of The Orlando Sentinel. Complete with a color picture of Brian Hill!

Click the link and see it for yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Wow! Have you guys seen this? Click this link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

I have seen some of our local sportswriter's question Brian Hill's strategies but none of them have ever, to my knowledge come out and said I think he should be fired.

Not only is Povtak suggesting that but it is on the "front" page of The Orlando Sentinel. Complete with a color picture of Brian Hill!

Click the link and see it for yourself.

Holy Crap Junkie!!

I had to see it to believe it!! I still can't believe the homer Slantinel put that up on the front page.