Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton says Magic still might not make playoffs! Need 4 or 5 more wins(blog

Early for them, they lost to the Heat in the conference finals. Almost any other team and the season would have been a good one but they were talking about breaking the Bulls wins record.

Out of the four teams fighting for the last two spots, New Jersey has the toughest remaining schedule. Don't be surprise if the last two spots go to Indiana and the Magic and not NJ.

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

Out of the four teams fighting for the last two spots, New Jersey has the toughest remaining schedule. Don't be surprise if the last two spots go to Indiana and the Magic and not NJ.

I don't know about that Rafael. They have games against the Wizards (no Gilbert, no Caron), Pacers (Can't lose with that one), back to back against the Knicks, and then they finally play a couple of tough teams.

I guess it really depends on how bad the Knicks want to be in the playoffs. If they can get even one win against the Nets, that would prove very useful. Hopefully Crawford returns for them soon, so that maybe they'll be able to steal one or two.

One thing's certain though, the Magic have to win the games they should win. We're in a predicament, since both the Nets and Pacers have tiebreakers. If we go under .500 in our next 6 games, then we may just kiss our last chances goodbye.

Who knows though, maybe the Wizards may slip?

quote:
I could easily see the Pacers going 5-1.

Really? Really? The Pacers have been truly awful lately, and don't let them scrapping by in a home win against a Celtic team without Pierce fool you. This is a bad team. I could just as easily see them losing their next 3.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by bknbronco:

I may be in the minority here but i think a first round series against the Pistons is as good as it gets. We all know that this Magic team is very young and besides a few players, totally inexperienced as far as post season play. The Piston series would be on a national scale as far as exposure goes. I think that climbing a mountain that high is valuable as far as getting these players some experience for the future. And i also think we can take them to 6 games. I think the combination of the Pistons taking us lightly and us playing with nothing to lose can help us. I also think that lingering health issues, (Billups,Hamilton,and Webber) gives us teeth in making this series competitive. My two cents

Your not in the minority. I totally agree with you here.

I'm still holding out hope we can somehow get to the 6th seed. I think the Wiz are getting ready to slump for obvious reasons. The Nets have some tough games left, although if Vince continues to play like he did last night the Nets will get in and might make some noise.

Back to the Magic, we "must" string together some wins! Somehow, someway. We gotta get on a little streak to finish the season.

Oh, and agree with some other guys, I'd wouldn't mind seeing the Pistons either. They are on the backside of their championship run. Their best days our behind them. You know they're gonna take us lightly. Why wouldn't they?

There's no reason we can't start the dismantling of the Piston regime this year! Especially in light of the fact how much their fans like to belittle the Magic and this organization. Nothing would make me happier than to scare the "crap" out of them in a playoff series.

I remember when years ago when the Sonics were an 8 seed playing a number 1 seed(can't remember who) and they won! It was the first time an 8 seed beat a 1 seed. Just brought it up to prove it can be done.

I think you have it mixed up Junkie, that was when the #1 seed Sonics lost to Dikembe and the #8 seed Nuggets. I saw that series, and what a series it was!

I personally don't care who we face, as long as we get in. Being a fan, I think we have the capability to beat any team in the East when we run and play smart (reduce TO's!).

I think there was another 8 seed take out a 1st seed - it was Charloette Hornets team in the early to mid 90's. This happened when they had Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, Mugsy Bogues, Rex Chapman, among others. I don't remember who they beat though.

I too believe! I think an 8th seed can take the 1st seed in the east this year. I created a thread about it.

Much Love

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
I could easily see the Pacers going 5-1.

Really? Really? The Pacers have been truly awful lately, and don't let them scrapping by in a home win against a Celtic team without Pierce fool you. This is a bad team. I could just as easily see them losing their next 3.

I couldn't agree with you more. Indiana is 5-18 its 23 games. Let's not give them a playoff spot just yet.

The Playoffs are a whole new season...that is why you do see upsets. You are correct...Charlotte did pull an upset...and I believe it was against the Celtics back in the early 90's. You had Denver upsetting Seattle and then in 1994 you had New York upsetting Miami and actually going all the way to the Finals as an 8th seed.

The Magic came extremely close last time we tasted playoff basketball. That is why I think a Magic-Pistons series would get a lot of press. Detroit is without a doubt the class of the East, but they too have lost some games this year that they should not have lost...proving that they can be beat.

The 6th seed is pretty much out of question. If the Wizards won just one game, we'd have to win 5 out of 6 games to tie with them. If the above held true, and the Wizards' one win didn't come against us, and our one loss didn't come against the Heat, we would win the tiebreaker. That's also hoping that New Jersey doesn't finish with a better record.

That's a lot of factors. I definitely wouldn't bet on it...

You'll see me rooting for the Wizards in their remaining games against the Nets and Pacers.

quote:
Originally posted by FRED:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by bknbronco:

I may be in the minority here but i think a first round series against the Pistons is as good as it gets. We all know that this Magic team is very young and besides a few players, totally inexperienced as far as post season play. The Piston series would be on a national scale as far as exposure goes. I think that climbing a mountain that high is valuable as far as getting these players some experience for the future. And i also think we can take them to 6 games. I think the combination of the Pistons taking us lightly and us playing with nothing to lose can help us. I also think that lingering health issues, (Billups,Hamilton,and Webber) gives us teeth in making this series competitive. My two cents

Your not in the minority. I totally agree with you here.

I'm still holding out hope we can somehow get to the 6th seed. I think the Wiz are getting ready to slump for obvious reasons. The Nets have some tough games left, although if Vince continues to play like he did last night the Nets will get in and might make some noise.

Back to the Magic, we "must" string together some wins! Somehow, someway. We gotta get on a little streak to finish the season.

Oh, and agree with some other guys, I'd wouldn't mind seeing the Pistons either. They are on the backside of their championship run. Their best days our behind them. You know they're gonna take us lightly. Why wouldn't they?

There's no reason we can't start the dismantling of the Piston regime this year! Especially in light of the fact how much their fans like to belittle the Magic and this organization. Nothing would make me happier than to scare the "crap" out of them in a playoff series.

I remember when years ago when the Sonics were an 8 seed playing a number 1 seed(can't remember who) and they won! It was the first time an 8 seed beat a 1 seed. Just brought it up to prove it can be done.

I think you have it mixed up Junkie, that was when the #1 seed Sonics lost to Dikembe and the #8 seed Nuggets. I saw that series, and what a series it was!

I personally don't care who we face, as long as we get in. Being a fan, I think we have the capability to beat any team in the East when we run and play smart (reduce TO's!).

I think there was another 8 seed take out a 1st seed - it was Charloette Hornets team in the early to mid 90's. This happened when they had Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, Mugsy Bogues, Rex Chapman, among others. I don't remember who they beat though.

I too believe! I think an 8th seed can take the 1st seed in the east this year. I created a thread about it.

Much Love

Na the Knicks did it in the lock out shortned year they got all the way to the championship before losing to the Spurs in 5 games.

This season was so disappointing to me. I wouldn't wonder if we don't make playoffs. There should be a change. B. Hill has to go and hopefully will go soon. Do you remember the team that had great finish of the last season and a great start of the new one? That team was not the Orlando Magic if you look at how we played in last 50-60 games. It doesn't seem to be the same team. B. Hill is responsible, no freakin doubt about that.