Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

We didn't get Thomas because Otis wouldn't trade Carlos(Sentinel)

omg! wt*! why does otis love protecting people who don't play i.e. reddick, garrity, arroyo and giving up people who do play i.e. hill and darko?

i dont get his gm mindset...and let me remind everybody here that he didnt make any attempt to get luis scola either.

Otis lets sit and wait for Fran and his girlfriend, in the meantime lets throw the franchise's current season down the drain. What's the point of 50 wins and a division title...we the fans want the championship not a southeast division title with lame teams as competition.

quote:
Originally posted by brownmagic:

omg! wt*! why does otis love protecting people who don't play i.e. reddick, garrity, arroyo and giving up people who do play i.e. hill and darko?

i dont get his gm mindset...and let me remind everybody here that he didnt make any attempt to get luis scola either.

Otis lets sit and wait for Fran and his girlfriend, in the meantime lets throw the franchises down the drain. Whats the point of 50 wins and a division title...we the fans want the championship not a southeast division title with lame teams as competition.

Hill wanted to leave.

Darko wanted 10 mill to be a stiff.

Wow,, Even though I did not want Carlos to go, I've always said that if it was for our missing piece I would be for it. Thomas would have been, not the perfect piece but a much needed and usefull one. Otis totally missed the boat again. Why keep Arroyo and JJ (not to mention Augie, Garrity, etc.) burried in the bench, when you could have improved the team. I have no doubt that there must have been other offers involving Arroyo and JJ that he just didn't seriously consider because he has proven to be a horrible GM. Other teams keep improving and we keep changing lineups and not having a clear direction still at this juncture in the season.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Otis once again has proven he has no business being in this business.

You trade for the necessary piece, a PF, and then sign some D-League PG if you're really that concerned about your 3rd string PG spot.

Effing idiot!

The article said they were trying to aquire thomas using a combination of our expiring contracts. Meaning that would include Dooling(our backup point). Hence not wanting to include Carlos.If carlos was included and we aquired from the D-league (say Kruger), he would be our backup playing 15/20 mins as dooling would have been included in the trade. You really want an unproven d-league player running our team for a third of the game at this stage of the season.

I don't!!!

quote:
D-League: they have any PFs?

That's what I don't get, there are probably dozens of PF's who have played on the last 1 or 2 years who are unsigned (Medvedenko, S. Walker, Darwin Ham etc) and can at least come in here and bang for a few minutes. Just sign a big body from the D-league or one of those old guys until Battie gets here. OR PLAY AUGUSTINE OR GORTAT!

Well I guess we have to have faith in the team we got...

I feel sorry for those that can't.

Get over it we still got games to play with the guys we got and they need our support.

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

quote:
If carlos was included and we aquired from the D-league (say Kruger), he would be our backup playing 15/20 mins as dooling would have been included in the trade. You really want an unproven d-league player running our team for a third of the game at this stage of the season.

Exactly. Smack would love to have Mr.D-league face off against Billups in a series just so we can get 20 minutes out of Kurt Thomas. To bad Smack isn't our GM.

I swear to the holy macaroni, are you all this... I dunno... (insert derogatory term about intelligence here).

A trade of Arroyo and Garrity for Kurt Thomas WORKS. DOOLING WAS NOT INVOLVED.

Arroyo = $4 mil

Garrity = $3.9 mil

-----------------

Thomas = $8 mil

Where the heck is Dooling in there????????

@%^* I swear, you guys must be Otis' children or something. GDI.