Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

We didn't get Thomas because Otis wouldn't trade Carlos(Sentinel)

quote:

In the last few days, the Magic had targeted Seattle power forward Kurt Thomas, who was traded late Wednesday from Seattle to San Antonio in exchange for Brent Barry, Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick.

The Magic had tried to get him for a combination of their expiring contracts, but they were hesitate of giving up Arroyo without also getting another point guard in return, worried that an injury to Jameer Nelson would leave them stranded at the position.

After days of talking possible trades, Smith decided that he would wait until this summer to add and subtract from his current 15-man roster, hoping they have enough weapons now to go deep into the playoffs.

"I'm not a guy who wants to change directions in the middle of the season,'' Smith said. "Any major deal will have to wait until the summer.''

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bk-magic022108,0,6686767.story

quote:

In the last few days, the Magic had targeted Seattle power forward Kurt Thomas, who was traded late Wednesday from Seattle to San Antonio in exchange for Brent Barry, Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick.

The Magic had tried to get him for a combination of their expiring contracts, but they were hesitate of giving up Arroyo without also getting another point guard in return, worried that an injury to Jameer Nelson would leave them stranded at the position.

After days of talking possible trades, Smith decided that he would wait until this summer to add and subtract from his current 15-man roster, hoping they have enough weapons now to go deep into the playoffs.

"I'm not a guy who wants to change directions in the middle of the season,'' Smith said. "Any major deal will have to wait until the summer.''

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bk-magic022108,0,6686767.story

quote:

Otis, you would get SLAYED in the business world.

[sARCASM] Good thing basketball isn't a business, huh? [/sARCASM]

Otis once again has proven he has no business being in this business.

You trade for the necessary piece, a PF, and then sign some D-League PG if you're really that concerned about your 3rd string PG spot.

Effing idiot!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

You trade for the necessary piece, a PF, and then sign some D-League PG if you're really that concerned about your 3rd string PG spot.

Effing idiot!

Kevin Kruger, from our summer league team.

The guy played extremely well by the way.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Effing idiot!

Kevin Kruger, from our summer league team.

The guy played extremely well by the way.

::shakes head:: I was thinking the same thing...

if i were carlos i wouldve wanted to be traded because you can tell by the three dnp's by his name orlandos not gonna use him much for the rest of the season kuz otis is in love with meer and meer is also playing well and i dont know why the hell keyon is playing pg but whatever