Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Garnett has pointed words for Dwight Howard(Denton blog)

quote:
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 pm Post subject: KEVIN GARNETT HAS POINTED WORDS FOR DWIGHT HOWARD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote for Sunday

quote:
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 pm Post subject: KEVIN GARNETT HAS POINTED WORDS FOR DWIGHT HOWARD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote for Sunday

Absolutely.

Dwight is not, nor can never be, Shaq.

He would have a much better shot a being an Amare, if they would allow him to learn those other skills.

To be a one-dimensional player, and still be a super-star, you have to be so much better at that 1 skill than anyone else. Dwight can never be THAT dominant as a post-up player. Shaq can be because he is physically unstoppable.

Sadly, BHill is not only doing this to Dwight, but he's doing it to Darko, too.

Junkie, instead of the 'Cats letting Tubby Smith walk away on a greased plank, couldn't you guys at least have offered us a Tubby-for-Brian trade?

Dwight needs to develope one of two things, a bank shot like Duncan has or a jump hook similiar to Shaq's.

Personally, I think the jump hook is his best bet. He can hit it now with both hands when he makes that move into the middle of the lane. But he needs to be able to turn away from the double teams towards the baseline and hit it like Darko does from the left block.

With his athletism and jumping ability it would be pretty much unblockable. Not to mention greatly reduce his turnovers from putting the ball on the floor.

i wouldn't totally disagree with you ball junkie, but i think it just seems like another excuse to slag off brian hill.

I think as our "franchise" player dwight has the responsibility to develop his own game. You are probably right that the coaches don't encourage him to shoot the mid range jumper. but that is because he has nowhere near fully devolped on his inside game. Time is on our side.one thing we can all agree on is that Dwight has progressed every season and i'm sure he'll continue to do so. This season Dwight dramatically improved his defensive awareness.something vital in the evolution of a young big man. mHe will develop the mid range jumper. But not before he can be trusted and be a go to guy in the post. All the coaches can do is show him how to use the tools at his disposal.it's upto him to actually use them.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I think Dwight needs to stay at home this summer and work on his game ...

and the hell with what anyone says.

Exactly, JD. And if I'm a free agent after this upcoming year, that is EXACTLY what I do.

Part of Dwight becoming a 'man' is when he takes personal responsibility for the development of his game from a career stand-point, instead of what a particular coach or franchise wants out of him.

He has the opportunity to be a super-star, or he can be just another Ben Wallace.

If I'm him, I don't care what the Magic ask me to work on over the off-season. I'm going to work on what I know I need to do to improve my overall game and my career.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Absolutely.

He would have a much better shot a being an Amare, if they would allow him to learn those other skills.

To be a one-dimensional player, and still be a super-star, you have to be so much better at that 1 skill than anyone else. Dwight can never be THAT dominant as a post-up player. Shaq can be because he is physically unstoppable.

Junkie, instead of the 'Cats letting Tubby Smith walk away on a greased plank, couldn't you guys at least have offered us a Tubby-for-Brian trade?

Are you sure you'd want him?(lol)

Now that I think about it those two are like two peas in a pod. Pick your poison!(lol)

Who you got tonight Charisma, Gators or O.S.U.?

Also, who's gonna be Kentucky's next coach?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Absolutely.

Actually imo Dwight can never be that type of Shaq player becasue the rules dont let him, if he is ever to phychal like Shaq used to be then the guy flops and Dwight gets a foul, which is why is an attempt to stop people from flopping he tries to front them and gets stripped, the rules are geared toward wing plaeyrs and attempt to stop the phychal big man nature of the game.

Dwight needs an Amare Stoudamire type of game, he can be so dominant if he takes a page out of Amare, who is an overwhelming force inside and has one hell of a shot, if Dwight can just get that shot and we have seen flashes of it, he will be one of greatest of all time.

Maybe a call-out from his idol will be what it takes to inspire Dwight to work harder.

We'll see what kind of man D12 is. If he gets defensive we'll know he is content with where he is right now.

Personally i would love for D12 to inspire some practices in David Robinson.

The lil hook a la Shaq or even ala Webber would be a nice addition to his game.

He needs to look at the other big man on the game. The pounding is just 1 of many trades he'll find.