Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Latest MC 2/20

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I used to have a Brad Miller crush.

All the more reason to do the trade. We can get Hutch a white guy that ACUTALLY PLAYS, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I used to have a Brad Miller crush.

All the more reason to do the trade. We can get Hutch a white guy that ACUTALLY PLAYS, lol.

you hurt me deep....

Lebron...........OMG!!! If we go Lebron....then then our final missing peace would be Jason Kidd!!

The DREAM TEAM!! Oh Yeah!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

The year in question, Dwight, Lewis, and Nelson will combine to make close to 45 million dollars. So assuming we have no one under contract other than those three going into that season, we'd have, what, 15 million to throw at a free agent, sign 2 rookies to their deals, and then have to fill out a roster with the vet minimum for the remaining 9 roster slots? I don't care if we get Lebron. We're not accomplishing anything with a roster of 6 players.

MC is clearly the dumbest dumb**** in Dumb****istan. Now I have to go back to ignoring he exists.

No offense, but I think you have a reading comprehnsion problem. I took from what I read is that MC thinks that a lot of teams will be wanting the cap room for that summer and if the Magic have 2 contracts in Miller and Battie they can make a good trade to those teams wanting the cap room. The first thought that came in to my mind is that the Bucks might want to part with Michael Redd then or even the Mavs might think about parting with an older Dirk.

The Dallas scenario I would think is more likely because Kidd will be ready to be retiring by then and you have to know Dirk will not be all he is presently. So think about it like that. THe Magic have 2 HUGE expiring deals and could nab a Dirk or Redd and allow those teams to chase the TMAC's, LeBron's, Wade's etc of the NBA free agent Market.

Sure beats the heck out of having no leverage. to do anything. I think we have to parlay these expiring contracts in to someone like Miller who we can use now as a player and use later as an expiring deal. Makes a ton of sense to me.

Since I used a bad example, go back and reread my post, but substitute "any big time player who's fallen out of favor with his team" for "LeBron" and you'll be set.

We won't make a run at a FA in the next 7 years. That's a given. However, the notion that we're going to get unhappy superstars the same year that some 5 superstars will be FAs is laughable. If this season should've taught anything, it's that teams will try a lot harder to make a superstar happy than they will trade the superstar to replace them with someone else. Not to mention, most teams aren't in the financial capacity to rebuild on the fly the way Miami is trying to because of ownership issues. Christ, why do you think Atlanta has sucked for the last 50 years?

At best, 30 million in expirings will get you a lot of unhappy MLE players. To get a real star with expirings, you'd have to package it with young talent and draft picks. By that point, our only "young" talent will be Dwight and Dwight and Dwight. I guess if we make some good draft picks in the intervening time, we could have those assets, but JJ doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

And before you mention the Gasol trade, which frankly I'm tired of hearing about, that's an anomaly. Look at every other trade ever. Trades typically aren't made for 34 cents to the dollar, and even Memphis did get a good point guard prospect.

And the fact that you'd even mention Redd as a target is surreal. How are we going to get Redd enough shots if we can't get Dwight enough? Plus, Redd doesn't rebound or play defense. He can score, and that's it.

The fact that you'd write that we should make a decision based on how we "have to parlay these expiring contracts in to someone like Miller who we can use now as a player and use later as an expiring" is profoundly numbing. You're deciding to base personnel decisions that'll affect the next 3 years of play over contract size for 3 years from now, and you're doing so based off the blog of someone who is utterly without qualifications because he claims to know someone, and who is quoting a rumor that has never been substantiated by anyone, ever, and came from an internet message board.

Reading comprehension problems? No slick, it's just a situation where while you were looking at a picture, I was seeing the entire museum.

LeBron will never play in Orlando, there's no reason to even get your hopes up for that one.

I'm tired of reading articles pertaining to the future, I want the team to have an impact NOW.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

LeBron will never play in Orlando, there's no reason to even get your hopes up for that one.

I'm tired of reading articles pertaining to the future, I want the team to have an impact NOW.

party pooper.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

party pooper.

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:

quote:

party pooper.

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:

quote:

party pooper.

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

GO WHERE????????

To Wal-Mart! Buy one get one free on power forwards!!!!!