Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Latest MC 2/20

quote:
Oh the pleasantries and frustrations of being a Magic fan around the NBA trade deadline. No there is no coincidence that I make a reappearance now, it is intentionally on purpose. I kind of gave up the role of super-guru to some and complete idiot/fabricator to others. I keep up on Magic news and NBA tibits from my friends who work in the NBA. I still watch and go to games when I can, not just Magic games. After last summer with the mixed emotions many Magic fans felt when they signed the biggest free agent, but then lost a verbal commitment from Grant Hill and then saw Darko and Travis leave with nothing in return, it seemed like the appropriate time to cash in my chips and return to just a regular fan. It was never about

quote:
Oh the pleasantries and frustrations of being a Magic fan around the NBA trade deadline. No there is no coincidence that I make a reappearance now, it is intentionally on purpose. I kind of gave up the role of super-guru to some and complete idiot/fabricator to others. I keep up on Magic news and NBA tibits from my friends who work in the NBA. I still watch and go to games when I can, not just Magic games. After last summer with the mixed emotions many Magic fans felt when they signed the biggest free agent, but then lost a verbal commitment from Grant Hill and then saw Darko and Travis leave with nothing in return, it seemed like the appropriate time to cash in my chips and return to just a regular fan. It was never about

The year in question, Dwight, Lewis, and Nelson will combine to make close to 45 million dollars. So assuming we have no one under contract other than those three going into that season, we'd have, what, 15 million to throw at a free agent, sign 2 rookies to their deals, and then have to fill out a roster with the vet minimum for the remaining 9 roster slots? I don't care if we get Lebron. We're not accomplishing anything with a roster of 6 players.

MC is clearly the dumbest dumb**** in Dumb****istan. Now I have to go back to ignoring he exists.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

The year in question, Dwight, Lewis, and Nelson will combine to make close to 45 million dollars. So assuming we have no one under contract other than those three going into that season, we'd have, what, 15 million to throw at a free agent, sign 2 rookies to their deals, and then have to fill out a roster with the vet minimum for the remaining 9 roster slots? I don't care if we get Lebron. We're not accomplishing anything with a roster of 6 players.

MC is clearly the dumbest dumb**** in Dumb****istan. Now I have to go back to ignoring he exists.

No offense, but I think you have a reading comprehnsion problem. I took from what I read is that MC thinks that a lot of teams will be wanting the cap room for that summer and if the Magic have 2 contracts in Miller and Battie they can make a good trade to those teams wanting the cap room. The first thought that came in to my mind is that the Bucks might want to part with Michael Redd then or even the Mavs might think about parting with an older Dirk.

The Dallas scenario I would think is more likely because Kidd will be ready to be retiring by then and you have to know Dirk will not be all he is presently. So think about it like that. THe Magic have 2 HUGE expiring deals and could nab a Dirk or Redd and allow those teams to chase the TMAC's, LeBron's, Wade's etc of the NBA free agent Market.

Sure beats the heck out of having no leverage. to do anything. I think we have to parlay these expiring contracts in to someone like Miller who we can use now as a player and use later as an expiring deal. Makes a ton of sense to me.