Sign in to follow this  
Osi

JJ has better court vision than Jameer

he might not have the handles, but his passes are always easy, they are always at the right angle and right hand, he is a better passer than Jameer, i didnt think so at first, but i thought i was watching Kirk Heinrich out there a couple times, i honestly think his court vision and basketball IQ is better than Jameers, i think he will be a lot better than people expected, i dont think his quickness is an issue like people expected, he doesnt look any slower than anyone else out there

he might not have the handles, but his passes are always easy, they are always at the right angle and right hand, he is a better passer than Jameer, i didnt think so at first, but i thought i was watching Kirk Heinrich out there a couple times, i honestly think his court vision and basketball IQ is better than Jameers, i think he will be a lot better than people expected, i dont think his quickness is an issue like people expected, he doesnt look any slower than anyone else out there

Did anyone notice the flow of the game when JJ was in there vs. the flow when the starters returned with Jameer at the end of the game? They just about gave the Pacers an opportunity to come back after the game seemed sewed up. I keep wondering what the Magic would be like with a true point guard that spent his time setting up other players vs. always looking for his own shot....

I have seen the same thing, we knew he could shoot. But his passing has really impressed me for a rookie who has not played much.

Can we turn him into a Hinrich type combo guard?

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Can we turn him into a Hinrich type combo guard?

With Brian Hill - no. If we had a different coach I could see that being a real possibility!

He still doesn't have the ball handling ability to be a point guard IMO. He is an excellent facilitator of the offense which has surprised me. I didn't know JJ had that in his game because it wasn't something he did alot of at Duke.

quote:
i think he will be a lot better than people expected, i dont think his quickness is an issue like people expected, he doesnt look any slower than anyone else out there

I think he is a bit slower especially his first step. I don't see him as a PG either but I don't see a huge problem should he play at the point from time to time. If we get Vince here and get the kind of production we should be getting from Dwight at the post then a slower guard running the offense is not a huge problem and his understanding of what's happening on the court would really help.

Dude!!! My one eyed Grandma has better court vision than Jammer...lol

No but seriously JJ is doing a good job at passing the ball, that is a must on a SG. The defense has to overplay a good offensive player, he must have the ability to make the pass to the open guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

He has excellent fundamentals no doubt about that. One thing he also has in his favor is, he has much more space to pass into, defenders cannot back off him.

Very good point Marc! I agree!