Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic @ Memphis * Jan 23

Tough game. We will be looking ahead to Detroit, and Memphis has some matchups that will be toughfor us. But that could go either way. Magic 112-98

I have a feeling this might be a battle. I'm really concerned about the Detroit game Friday, hopefully the guys aren't looking ahead because as we have seen this Memphis squad can light it up. Now I'm off to light it up.

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

Navarro was brutal last time. I hope we get better d at the perimeter this go around. We should win, but does that really mean anything? I think we can pull it out. If Evans, Bogans, and Dooling can take care of the perimeter, we should get this one. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it wasn't the D. Do you remember how far Navarro was shooting those threes. The guy was practically killing us from halfcourt.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

This game will not be easy guys. Just think how good they played last time. Rudy Gay went off on us. Turk couldnt stop him. Howard owned Darko, got Darko in quick foul trouble. BUT MOST IMPORTANT, Gasol didnt play. Gasol being guarded by Lewis, OMG, when does this misery end. Gasol vs Lewis is another mismatch. This should be a good game too. But i just feel all the mismatches will be a problem for us.

Last season when we played them without Gasol, we lost, but when he returned to the lineup, Dwight dominated him, and we blew them out.

Honestly, we usually play better when the other team's star is in uniform.

Here's the recap from the last game to remind everyone;

Baseline Blog Recap;

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

RECAP

The Memphis Grizzles did not look like a team with a 6-16 record as they handed the Magic a 123-119 loss despite a 31 point 20 rebound performance from Dwight Howard.

Orlando (17-8) held a three point (88-85) lead heading into the fourth quarter but thanks to Rudy Gay's career-high 32 points, the Grizzles were able to take control of the game and hold on for a four point victory.

Although they lost, the Magic had a good offensive night shooting 51 percent, scoring 60 points in the paint, and took better care of the ball committing just 14 turnovers.

As mentioned, Dwight Howard had another monster night posting his third career 30 point, 20 rebound game and Hedo Turkoglu added 24 points.

We definately can't let this happen again.

GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

This isn't going to be easy tonight.

If we can rattle off a win here, it will put us in great shape for Friday's game. I think keeping them in the low 100's should win us the game, seeing as they can't defend to save their lives. A bit of effort on defence should win us the game, provided we knock down over 45%.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Let's Go Magic!!!!!!!

We Want Revenge!!!!!!

I hope Dwight dunks on Darko so hard they have to carry him out on a strecher. Just kidding.(lol)

it would be cool if DMC jump higher then D12icon_smile.gif

and slam over his back,lol