Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD...Magic vs Nuggets...We lose 111-101

We can bean Denver, just have to shut down everyone else, they have shown they can both get 30 an still lose.

Both men will not get 50, we have better defenders then that........

Like I said in another post, I think it's all about containing Iverson and Anthony. I think Ariza can defend Anthony pretty well, forcing him to take difficult jump shots, and preventing his penetration.

I worry about Iverson, he can drive on any of our guards. I would search for the player who can defend him better (probably Dooling), and make him play a lot of minutes. I would also have Dwight or Darko absolutely ready to jump at him if he dares to enter the key. Force him take contested jump shots (he likes to take them). Remember when Vaughn or Lue defended him. They did a very good work.

Dwight, Darko and perhaps Nelson should take the offensive responsibility.

Grant and Hedo should play very few minutes (not going to happen), and by no means they should defend Iverson or Anthony. I do not worry about any other Nugget, specially with JR Smith out. Camby should be overplayed by our twin towers.

Another option is playing zone defense, paying attention to Iverson and Anthony in the corner. No other Nugget can nail the three (I hope they have no Smush Parkers).

We have to contain Steve Blake and Nene. I think they'll be Magic Killers tonight. Iverson and Melo will get theirs but we have to hold everyone else. We also can't let this one get close down the stretch; that's where their stars out-shine ours. Should be a good game in all.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Well i'm 1-0 with my new reverse psychology strategy so go Nuggets!

I will also go with the reverse psychology, considering what I wrote about Monday. Nuggets by 15.

From Monday's Game....

If no adjustments are made the Magic Men could lose this one by 20. Chicago plays great defense so will our coach adjust and try and play a more uptempo style or feed right into the teeth of the Chicago half-court defense. If I was a betting man there will be no adjustments. I am smelling Bulls 97-Magic 83.

This game cannot become a fast paced shooting fest because they have the advantage. We must win by a tight defense, domination of the boards trying to penetrate to obtain early foul trouble for their best players. This one we can win and should win if we can keep our desire for the whole game.

Scouting Report - Tim Povtak...Orlando Sentinel

WHERE: Pepsi Center, Denver.

RECORDS: Magic 28-30, Nuggets 27-28.

BROADCAST: TV -- Sun Sports; Radio -- 580 AM (WDBO); Spanish-language 1030 AM (WONQ).

MAGIC UPDATE: The team traveled Tuesday to Denver but didn't practice after playing Sunday in Orlando and Monday in Chicago. . . . Veteran Tony Battie still is waiting for that thumb to heal and is unlikely to play on this road trip, although he still is with the team. . . . The Magic snapped a four-game losing streak in Chicago.

NUGGETS UPDATE: In one regard, they are much like the Magic and struggling to stay in the playoff picture. They have a better road record (13-13) than a home record (14-15).

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Darko Milicic is coming off one of his most complete games in the NBA. The key Monday was a fast start, so the Magic may go to him early again, making sure he stays in the game mentally.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

i say we win 95-89, dwight will rip down the house with boards (17), hedo will probably suck, arroyo will have a great FG % with let's say 15 points, darko will get 7 blocks, and hill will probably have a low FG %.

i'm also smelling another DNP - Coach's Decision for J.J., ****it

I think that tonight is a vital game for are playoff hopes. right now knicks and the nets and even miami have been playing better than us. I think that in order to win we need to play great defense and that Melo and Iverson are going to get there 20 plus points but if we can stop nene and the other role players we should be ok.