Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Who's a better defender, Redick or Garrity?

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Garrity is to slow on his feet to play good defense. He just doesnt shift quickly enough to keep his man in front of him. As for Redick, how the hell you gonna go to Duke and dont play good defense. Most players that came from Duke play good defense except Redick. It like hes never been trained how to defend. But these 2 arent the only ones on are team that will get alot of minutes and cant defend. Turkoglu is the same as both of these guys just a little bit better. He gets beat off the dribble alot too. I dont EVER want to see him matched up against Lebron James again SVG. Was a total mismatch. Hedo is slow. But all 3 of these guys can shoot but their defense sucks. We need to trade these guys for some other players that can play on both ends of the court and shoot 3s just as well. Im tired of these 1 sided players. There gonna kill us.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with JJ's fundamentals or effort on the defensive end. He simply lacks the athleticism & physical stature.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:

Garrity is to slow on his feet to play good defense. He just doesnt shift quickly enough to keep his man in front of him. As for Redick, how the hell you gonna go to Duke and dont play good defense. Most players that came from Duke play good defense except Redick. It like hes never been trained how to defend. But these 2 arent the only ones on are team that will get alot of minutes and cant defend. Turkoglu is the same as both of these guys just a little bit better. He gets beat off the dribble alot too. I dont EVER want to see him matched up against Lebron James again SVG. Was a total mismatch. Hedo is slow. But all 3 of these guys can shoot but their defense sucks. We need to trade these guys for some other players that can play on both ends of the court and shoot 3s just as well. Im tired of these 1 sided players. There gonna kill us.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with JJ's fundamentals or effort on the defensive end. He simply lacks the athleticism & physical stature.

All JJ is for now is just a shooter. Thats it. Theres nothing defensive about him. JJ made Shannon Brown look like fu**ing Iverson hes that bad on defense.

Redick.

He does need to improve alot, the comments from SVG posted though I dont think have anything to do with the question. He is obviously going to be much harder on Redick because of the potential Redick has alone. Yes, JJ has alot to work on defensively but SVG realizes that and is going to work him harder than others because he knows what Redick can potentialy become. I have always liked Pat he is lights out but he is not physical enough on defense Redick just cant seem to stop the first step.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:

All JJ is for now is just a shooter. Thats it. Theres nothing defensive about him. JJ made Shannon Brown look like fu**ing Iverson hes that bad on defense.

I'm not trying to annoint myself as the president of the JJ fan club, but he's proven he's more than just a shooter, unlike Garrity.

JJ is a bonofide scorer with an outstanding feel for the game. His limitations on the defensive end are 100% physical.

lets not forget that this is really jj's rookie year. he is working very hard as per svg. in time he will improve his defense. if he makes a positive contribution this year then maybe some of his critics will be pleased. go magic. jacklj

Don't mind Garrity at all. Redick definitely needs to work on his D. I've seen Pat have plenty moments on defense where he was all over the defender..especially in the last game against Cleveland.

I can't believe what I am reading. Most of you all have memory loss, or have you been labotamized. Pat Can shoot and that's all he can do, period. Its been a good preseason for him, but come on he can't guard a telephone pole let alone a highly skilled NBA power forward. JJ can atleast move his feet and stay with his defender off the ball. What tell me what can garrity do on the defensive side, besides get in the way.

Don't be fooled by by fools gold in the great Pat Garrity preseason comeback. Because that is all it is.

The bricks will come oh yes the bricks will come.

this question is like asking "whos the better sports writer???"

Skip Bayless, or Tony Kornheiser...

okay...so maybe ill give Tony the edge...cuz we all know what Skip has said about Dwight...no defense...a one sided- only-a-good-rebounder-type of player...

but anyway...Pat...for now...we'll see...

I will give JJ my vote, both are bad defenders on the ball. But as a big Pat needs to be a rebounder as well and he struggles keeping more athletic guys off the boards.

JJ might give up a shot, but Pat can give up two or three off misses.