Sign in to follow this  
Mikesj

Who's the best player you ever played against competively?

I played against Ben Gordon in the Great Florida Shootout when his team (Mt. Vernon) was invited to play in the tourney. He killed us!

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

I played against Jason Williams (heat) and Dr. J (old version) over at RDV a few years ago.

Same here along with Nick Anderson, Bo Outlaw, Dee Brown during the lockout.

I played against Amare in high school when he was at Cypress Creek.

And Darius Washington and Jason Rich as well. Although they aren't world-beaters anymore.

i played against Paul and Joel Caldwell from down the street when i was like 6...they were 9...

they were twins, and were both over 5ft. tall...

i was still 4ft-something...so it was a big deal...

neither went on to be anything...

neither of them could dunk...

nor did i dunk on them...

i never played against them in AAU...

i never played against them in highschool...

i never played against them at RDV...

and it wasnt for a charity...

and we never played volleyball...

does that count???

In 1988, I played in a pick up game against a team with Chuck Conners Person (the rifleman), then with the Pacers. We had another Pacer on our side, and he guarded Chuck. The rest of us were on the staff of Rose-Hulman Institute in Terre Haute. I remember fouling him to make him miss once. My only hope.

And I also played a pick up game against Eddie Bird in 1987. He was cursed with his older brother Larry's reputation and ****iness, but not his brother's ability. He still killed us.

My experience is pretty much old school. My high school was straight out of Hoosiers, though it was in Ohio. Only 8 boys in my senior class. I played a single year of small college ball in Texas before I got drafted in 1969. (To the Army, kids, not the NBA. LOL) My coach was Murray Bailey, who had been an All-American at Baylor a few years earlier.

In 1975 I started on the US team that won the gold medal in a military olympics in Stuttgart, Germany. That was pretty easy. But then, as a friendship gesture, they made us play them in soccer. Haaa Haaa. Turnabout is fair play, I guess.

i play basketball every weekend here in San Juan one-on-one with Chuck Norris.. **** he plays good. its like kung-foo basketball...he said he will bring me a friend named Bruce but one month later that Bruce died...