LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Lol, I don't know if anyone watches The Starters but we won the 1st pick in their lottery game.

Damn now we have no chance for it.

I really want Parker to go to Utah. Match made in heaven for both player and team. I am still falling Embid's way, until something true and negative comes out about his back I stay positioned.

Assuming the Magic draft Exum still is there do the Lakers have anything left pick wise to make a trade with us? They seem to be good at ripping talent away from small markets in free agency so I assume draft picks mean little to them for future building and the chance at Exum would be appealing to them. I know we own their first in the future and PHX owns one too. Anything to make the Lakers pay a steep price would be pleasing to my ears, not that I want to draft Smart later in the draft btu if the price was (more than) right.

The Lakers have so many needs that just to have AA and Jameer plus #12 would be something they'd have to think about. A good team needs depth, plus the contracts are very appealing for these players.

I just don't see LA going full rebuild with Kobe around. They will need some solid Vets.

The Lakers have so many needs that just to have AA and Jameer plus #12 would be something they'd have to think about. A good team needs depth, plus the contracts are very appealing for these players.

I just don't see LA going full rebuild with Kobe around. They will need some solid Vets.

Um... So will we.

Um... So will we.

We need locker room vets, but not necessarily vets on the court. It's still my opinion that there is no way that we trade Jameer unless he specifically asks for one, and from my understanding, he cares more about having his kids raised up in a stable environment and being a part of their lives rather than traveling for a year and not seeing them much. Additionally, I don't know how large of a role he would have on a veteran contending team. I feel he would only leave us for someone within the top echelon of the West or perhaps Indiana. No way he goes to the Heat.

In the end, AA can (and will) get traded. Jameer is the locker room guy who will lead and make the transition.

Scott Anez of ESPN Radio Orlando saying this afternoon he's not buying the Exum Kool-Aid….Said the kid plays in Australia where there is no competition….He had Exum 5th on his board…He had Randle in the top 4 along with Wiggins, Embid and Parker…..Said he'd have to see Exum playing against real competition with his own eyes before he became a believer.

Said he just had a feeling that Lakers, Celtics or both would get into the top 3 picks….Said thats just the way the NBA rolls.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Said the kid plays in Australia where there is no competition

Like the NCAA is any better; all the good players leave in one year.

Scott Anez of ESPN Radio Orlando saying this afternoon he's not buying the Exum Kool-Aid….Said the kid plays in Australia where there is no competition….He had Exum 5th on his board…He had Randle in the top 4 along with Wiggins, Embid and Parker…..Said he'd have to see Exum playing against real competition with his own eyes before he became a believer.

Said he just had a feeling that Lakers, Celtics or both would get into the top 3 picks….Said thats just the way the NBA rolls.

I doubt Scott Anez's opinion will have any impact on who we draft.

Um... So will we.

I think the magic could shop aa plus 12 to the lakers as well. There are other options here. Add nicholson in.

I too would prefer to keep jameer. But lets be honest, he was almost a wizard at the deadline.

I think the magic could shop aa plus 12 to the lakers as well. There are other options here. Add nicholson in.

I too would prefer to keep jameer. But lets be honest, he was almost a wizard at the deadline.

What do we get in return for aa and 12? They have very few bargaining chips.

Just because a guy on the radio said it doesn't mean it holds any weight what so ever.

What do we get in return for aa and 12? They have very few bargaining chips.

They hold the #6 pick in the draft. If purely draft picks they could send their pick this year, plus their 2016 first round draft pick (2015 first round is going to Phoenix, 2017 to Orlando).

In terms of players they are a bit thin. They could throw Nick Young our way if he's under contract, he played well as a sixth man for them this season. Kendall Marshall did ok in spurts at PG, decent passer, not a got much offense. I think they also have Robert Sacre under contract, but he's not much to brag about.

For us to move up I suppose Afflalo and #12 for #6 and Nick Young could be a fair deal, especially if their pick lands higher and gives us the chance of another top talent.