Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Mikael Pietrus

Should the Magic be after him?

I believe the Magic have an asset in Hedo Turkoglu that would fit in well under Nellie ball.

Golden State keeps rejecting trades as they want to get something they want for Pietrus.

Would something like Turkoglu and Arroyo for Pietrus and Sarunas work? Or swap Dooling for Arroyo's place.

I am starting to wonder why I good 2-3 gaurd is out on the market and no one has made Golden State an offer worth taking (or Pietrus has not seen a contract yet worth signing to agree for trade).

Should the Magic be after him?

I believe the Magic have an asset in Hedo Turkoglu that would fit in well under Nellie ball.

Golden State keeps rejecting trades as they want to get something they want for Pietrus.

Would something like Turkoglu and Arroyo for Pietrus and Sarunas work? Or swap Dooling for Arroyo's place.

I am starting to wonder why I good 2-3 gaurd is out on the market and no one has made Golden State an offer worth taking (or Pietrus has not seen a contract yet worth signing to agree for trade).

It's not so much that nobody wants him, it's that he's a restricted free agent, so teams don't want to take the time and effort to draw up a contract if golden state is simply going to match it.

I'm not sure that I want to give up turk at this point. He's one of our best assets if he plays as a 6th man of the bench to lead the second squad. Even if he's a starter, he has so many great intangibles that don't show up on the scoreboard. I actually like the idea of having 3-4 guys who are 6-10 or higher on the floor all at once.

GS has no need to trade since Pietrus is RFA, they will wait him out and sign him to cheap contract.

Likely a deal similiar to Ariza's, so he can opt out in two years unrestricted and re-test the market.

GS has a 1 year 3.4M contract offer on the table for Pietrus and he'll accept it as a last resort. Pietrus is actually the one playing the waiting game here. Yes, the Magic should pursue him, we could use his defense, athleticism, and versatility. No, he could be had cheaper than Hedo, and I'd have no desire to pay him what Hedo makes. Hedo has been rumored in trades involving the likes of Artest. I like Pietrus as a role player, but that's a pretty big step backwards.

I realize that it is grasping at straws, but if the Denver deal is even remotely still in play, I'd rather go for that than to pursue Peitrus.

It isn't so much that I feel J.R. Smith is that much better than Peitrus, but the overall deal that has been rumored is a good one.

Is there a way we could get Mickael Pietrus. I thought we used the money we had left for a free agent when we signed Gortat and Foyle. If there is a way to get Pietrus i say go for it. Pietrus will start at sg and do better than Grant Hill did.

Don't get me started on Pietrus, but I just see little need now.

I like what we have now on the wings with Hedo, Lewis, Ariza, JJ, Dooling, Pat (lol).

Originally posted by jack l j:

rob if you put a package of redick, hedo, and carlos or dooling you could get jr smith, or pietrus. then you would have your sg. jacklj[/quote

How about Arroyo and Bogans

Sarunas hasn't really proved anything. I'd rather keep two national players than two other NBA players.

I like Pietrus but I'm not sure we have enough PT for him because he's gonna eat minutes from Ariza and JJ.

Theres also the contract issue; he wants a big payday and could leave after this season for another team who's willing to overpay for him.