Sign in to follow this  
MagicPhan732

Eddie Griffin dead at 25

Quote:

Former Minnesota Timberwolves forward Eddie Griffin died last week when his sport utility vehicle collided with a freight train in a fiery crash in Houston, the Harris County medical examiner's office said Tuesday.

Investigators used dental records to identify Griffin, 25, who began his pro career with the Houston Rockets in 2001. He was waived by the Timberwolves in March.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47711/200708..._griffin_dead_at_25/

Quote:

Former Minnesota Timberwolves forward Eddie Griffin died last week when his sport utility vehicle collided with a freight train in a fiery crash in Houston, the Harris County medical examiner's office said Tuesday.

Investigators used dental records to identify Griffin, 25, who began his pro career with the Houston Rockets in 2001. He was waived by the Timberwolves in March.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47711/200708..._griffin_dead_at_25/

Wow! I can't say I'm surprised, but I feel kinda bad. He had a promising life ahead of him, but he quickly lost control of it. I actually made a topic, not long ago, suggesting we should consider signing him as a free agent. R.I.P. Eddie.

Its always a shame when the basketball world loses a player. Especially one that had so much potential but never quite lived up to it. Rest in peace Eddie.

Wow, you got to it before me but I posted it in the right forum. Hey, when its your time, its inevitable.

Simply crazy. The publicized issues don't paint a pretty picture for his life, regardless condolences goes out to his family and yeh, RIP Eddie Griffin.

Wow, that is terrible. He has had trouble since even before he was drafted. It's really sad when you see a guy with all of that God given talent and it goes to waste.

I'm not sure how much everyone got to see of this guy but when he was on, he could hit 3's in bunches and block shots in bunches. If he could have gotten his head straight he could have been like Rasheed only much more effective at shot blocking.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call to guys like JR Smith.