Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I've already made arrangements to take the entire weekend off and use my season tix (for the 3rd and 4th time this year) to attend the Friday & Sunday games. I did this solely because I thought I would be witnessing Vince's first couple games in a Magic uniform. Now, I think I might just stay in S Florida and fish. This sucks!

I might be going fishing right now to calm my nerves.

Otis said he wouldn't be forced into making a trade in one article because we lost a few games.

Can someone help him with his math? I am more upset about the support BHill is getting more than anything. BHill could make VC ineffective - it would probably come to a confrontation with VC and BH would have to eventually walk - maybe BHill influenced the Magic to pass on VC.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Who wants to go on a drinking binge tonight?

I'm in!!

857337zt2.jpg

Mel's Driving!!

melgibsonmug1.jpg

Ah Beer, is there anything you can't do?

Thanks a lot D'Ohtis

This is why my name is Fan for too long. I have been here since we drafted Nick Anderson and have watched the inept ways of this team. The only person dumber than our owners/management/coaches is me for staying a fan of this CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. Yes I am really, really bummed out right now. I'm watching ESPNews and they're talking some NBA stuff on the HotList.

I will tell you this, Ric Bucher says that after Wade's injury last night that it helped Rod Thorn make up his mind to stand pat with his team. He thinks Jersey can now make the playoffs. I hope we can find out some way all the details of how everything panned out in the negotiations.

I guess before I start pounding on Otis I at least owe him enough respect to hear his side of the negotiating story before I start ripping him.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Hey guys. Yes I am really, really bummed out right now. I'm watching ESPNews and they're talking some NBA stuff on the HotList.

I will tell you this, Ric Bucher says that after Wade's injury last night that it helped Rod Thorn make up his mind to stand pat with his team. He thinks Jersey can now make the playoffs. I hope we can find out some way all the details of how everything panned out in the negotiations.

I guess before I start ponding on Otis I at least owe him enough respect to hear his side of the negotiating story before I start ripping him.

Problem is, we will never hear it from Otis.

He isn't going to come out and say what he was offering because he doesn't want to send the message to any current players that he was trying to dump them.

We will never know.

All the rumers around the league after the all-star game was saying Vince is going to Orlando. Thats why no other teams are going after him.

Otis and Co. Is probably thinking why trade and lose players for him if we can get him in the summer.

Or at least I hope this is the case.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

All the rumers around the league after the all-star game was saying Vince is going to Orlando. Thats why no other teams are going after him.

Otis and Co. Is probably thinking why trade and lose players for him if we can get him in the summer.

Or at least I hope this is the case.

I hope that is the case as well, but the "Fools Gold" comment leads me to believe that he (or the team) is not all that enthralled with Vince. Maybe he did not mean it that way, but it sure sounded like a slight on Vince.

According to Brian Hill on his radio show, there were 2 people that the team targeted. He didn't say who but he did say that the reason the trade didn't happen is because the other teams were asking too much. It would have set us back further so it didn't make sense.

He also said that Darko was one of the people that teams were asking for and he is one of the people that the team has deemed untouchable.