Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Now you never really know with any athlete but where there appears to be smoke there is probably fire.

Well, either fire or a Portland Trailblazer...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

One thing that has not been mentioned is that Vince has already worked with Brian Hill as he was an assistant coach with New Jersey when Vince was brought there. So if he still wants to come here, he will know what he is getting into with the coach we have. Hopefully that is a positive aspect of trading for him.

Great Point!!!!!!! Very good call and big props to "fan for too long" He is dead on. Like I have been saying since starting this thread. The Magic have an offer on the table and it all depends on the NETS right now.

I hope your right, want to use my new sig in a few days ;-)

Allstars.jpg

^^^^^ Be a nice to use it now instead of waiting til the summer ^^^^

Talk to me Bhnole! Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Bhnole, are you and I the only ones on the get Carter wagon "now" train?

Oh, I forgot! Bhnole, Smack and Junkie are all on the same wagon!! It's a miracle!!!

I'm with you I want VC now. I'd like to keep JJ for his three point shooting, but I could live with losing him if we had to - would rather give up Hedo and a future first round pick. If we did trade JJ - I think that we must make them take Garrity as well.

Hey, I got some scoop for you guys. You know how in the last week with all the Carter rumors there have been some guys posting like they are insiders.

Everytime someone does it I'm always skeptical of how valid it is. Well, I mentioned to my buddy(he's a Magic employee) about the Future GM and my skepticism with his posts. My friend read it and told me what he was typing was pretty realistic.

He also said, and get this, Otis main confidant is a girl and she is single. You guys know in all the posts by the Future GM he is always referencing his "girl"! The Future GM could be the man! Time will tell.

I've been on these boards a long time. Check my post count. My source is pretty reliable. All the oldies know my integrity.(lol)

He also said he heard a rumor this afternoon that the team is shopping Arroyo.

More later.

quote:

Hey, I got some scoop for you guys. You know how in the last week with all the Carter rumors there have been some guys posting like they are insiders.

Everytime someone does it I'm always skeptical of how valid it is. Well, I mentioned to my buddy(he's a Magic employee) about the Future GM and my skepticism with his posts. My friend read it and told me what he was typing was pretty realistic.

He also said, and get this, Otis main confidant is a girl and she is single. You guys know in all the posts by the Future GM he is always referencing his "girl"! The Future GM could be the man! Time will tell.

I've been on these boards a long time. Check my post count. My source is pretty reliable. All the oldies know my integrity.(lol)

More later.

He better rope his girl back in then, the last I heard he was "leaving his toothbrush there", she's going around saying shes single, not a good look my man! LOL, just kidding!!

Seriously though, I do believe what he says because it makes sense, much like MC, I enjoy the read!

I also know that Junkie has come through with info before, interesting re Carlos, talk was last week that he was on the "untouchable" list!

quote:

More later.

Well maybe if the trade is true and we trade JJ(I hope not), then maybe they are thinking they should keep Diener, to have a sharp shooter. Maybe they trade Arroyo for a good back-up big(Zaza??)????

Carlos only makes sense if Otis is looking for ways to generate more cap space this summer. At $4 Mill for a back up point, moving him or Hedo would add the most to our cap space this summer.

Could be a rumor actively generated by the club to let Thorn know they are serious about signing VC and giving him nothing if he stalls any longer.

Junkie, you came out with it. You dirty dog (smile). Hopefully, this "girl" keeps her "confidant" job since she has perhaps leaked info.

Arroyo is a big trading piece. Interesting.

You guys can say "maybe" we should trade him or this guard or that foward but I'm behind "our" Orlando Magic players 100%.

With all the maligning, criticizm, hopelessness, and trade thoughts that everyone throwsup, I probably pop a vein for everyone of them.

As soon as the Magic ended their season with the Chicago Bulls ending our postseason hopes, I thought that I would see this team "growup together" with no trades or veterans to tear them apart.

Having thought of this trade, I say to think to myself, this trade benefits the other team no matter what we throw in because I know what every Magic player stirs up when playing at full potential.

When I say this, I'm standing up for J.J. Redick, Jameer Nelson, Keyon Dooling, Grant Hill, Carlos Arroyo, Keith Bogans, Tony Battie, Dwight Howard, Darko Milicic, Travis Diener, Bo Outlaw, Pat Garrity, Trevor Ariza, James Augustine, Hedo Turkoglu.

Many of them being thought of as kids in the NBA, is'nt their a point where you let kids grow up together?

Listen, not for the trade for Vince Carter but I'm for signing him in the offseason but to 'me' Vince Carter is not worth giving up so much talent, potential, and youth for.

Anyone with anyone we trade, it will never benefit us as much as the other team who gets are players...................................

quote:

More later.

I might have to go underground for awhile, so let's not dig around too much please! But because I am a die hard Magic fan I must share what I know. I know everyone here would do the same for me. Plus, Otis is real class act and he would never get upset with fans wanting to know what

Ric Bucher was just on Sportscenter and said that the Clippers is the "likely" destination for VC and hes not hearing any other deals really being discussed with VC.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Ric Bucher was just on Sportscenter and said that the Clippers is the "likely" destination for VC and hes not hearing any other deals really being discussed with VC.

That just doesn't make sense, they have less room than we do so even if he does want to play there it would have to be at less money unless Donald Sterling wants to go over the cap. Plus if it's true that he really wants to be here then they are giving pieces away for 3 months worth of VC. I can't see a guy who said he wants to be closer to his daughter now that he is going through a divorce would feel closer on the opposite coast.

Whatever, I guess we will find out in a couple of days.