Sign in to follow this  
djmase20

KG Deal Final!!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:
Originally posted by BRich:

Now we need Otis to pull off some highway robbery with Hedo and the expirings.

Work your magic Otis.

Well said.......and just when it appears that all is lost...we get better! If Seattle did not demand all of our draft picks and excepted expiring contracts.....we would have retained Darko! With that said, we need experience at the 4 & 5 and that puts us in the thick of things.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Boston Trade: Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, draft pick

Celtic Roster (12 Players):

Ray Allen

Tony Allen

Glen Davis

Ryan Gomes

Michael Olowokandi

Kendrick Perkins

Paul Pierce

Leon Powe

Gabe Pruitt

Rajon Rondo

Brian Scalabrine

Brandon Wallace

Kevin Garnett

Celtic Nation

RealGm: Boston Celtics Forum

Timberwolves Trade - Kevin Garnett, Draft Pick

Timberwolves Roster (17 Players, 2 Over Limit):

Mark Blount

Corey Brewer

Ricky Davis

Randy Foye

Trenton Hassell

Juwan Howard

Troy Hudson

Marko Jaric

Mark Madsen

Rashad McCants

Chris Richard

Craig Smith

Bracey Wright

Gerald Green

Al Jefferson

Theo Ratliff

Sebastian Telfair

Twolves Central

RealGM: Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

I know we don't need a rookie since thats basically what we have at the 4 and 5 going into the season (besides the starters obviously) but maybe can pick up a guy like Chris Richard who's a beast or maybe a Mark Blount or Craig Smith. One of those guys are probably gonna go.

This team is going to be insanely dangerous. When they sit out, however, their bench will be easy pickens. For a "win a championship NOW" kind of attitude, this trade is amazing. The future, on the other hand, is bleak for them.

Well........the East has become much more formidable.

Lets not forget one factor, the Magic killers. These Magic killers may be sitting on the bench but there is seemingly one on every team in the NBA.

Never underestimate a teams bench you guys.

quote:
man, looking back at the past few months for the celts, our GM doesnt look half bad...

theyve traded away their future...a couple of times over...trading West, Jeff Green, Gerald Green, and Al Jefferson???

that team had loads of potential...and now they have nothing to look forward to...except for this season...and maybe another...depending on KG...

Pat, your banner is horryfing...

Not sure why you guys value Jefferson and Green so much. One was in the dunk contset and the other only played well vs. the Magic. Potiential, maybe. But for KG? Are you ****ing kidding me. In this league if you have a superstar big (KG) and a shooter (they now have two of the best), you will contend for the Finals.

I think this deal just makes our offseason look even worse.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
man, looking back at the past few months for the celts, our GM doesnt look half bad...

theyve traded away their future...a couple of times over...trading West, Jeff Green, Gerald Green, and Al Jefferson???

that team had loads of potential...and now they have nothing to look forward to...except for this season...and maybe another...depending on KG...

Pat, your banner is horryfing...

Not sure why you guys value Jefferson and Green so much. One was in the dunk contset and the other only played well vs. the Magic. Potiential, maybe. But for KG? Are you ****ing kidding me. In this league if you have a superstar big (KG) and a shooter (they now have two of the best), you will contend for the Finals.

I think this deal just makes our offseason look even worse.

i guest that is why i like the magic chances for the next 6 years.

Go magic!!!!!

jefferson did average 17pts,like 8-9rebs, and a block, with good FG%, green can be a15-20pt scorer and they are both super young, the celtics gave up alot. I didnt even talk about the our 3 players they may have gave up.

quote:

well...here we go...

but if im not mistaken, they only have KG for 1 year, right??? he can then opt out of his contract after this season...

so that gives them one shot at a title...and it wouldnt surprise me if they got it done...

but now, they have no bench...at all...theyre gonna be a tired team...and not to mention the fact that Allen, and Pierce are injury prone players...now, who would replace them in an injury??? not Gerald Green...so now who???

Wow the Celtics gave up like 4 dudes to get Kevin Garnett for only 1 year. If he doesnt resign with them, then their f*****. But i doubt it if he dont resign with them. I mean hes playing with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. 3 veteren allstars on 1 team is unreal. Almost like cheating the league. But were gonna see how this 1 plays out. Go Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by vic110:

Getting KG does not guaranty them a championship. We will see how good they will be....

They have a better chance then most teams. C'mon be real. Name a player that can actually matchup and stop any of these 3allstars 1on 1. Do you know how tuff its gonna be to contain 1 of them. Now teams gotta try to contain 3 allstars. You cant double all of them not enough men. So its not a gurantee that they will win 1 but they sure as h*** have a better chance then most to win. 3 allstars on 1 team is basically like cheating. If they won a championship i wouldnt even be surprised. Teams that pay out money, WIN. Thats a proven fact.

quote:
quote:

well...here we go...

but if im not mistaken, they only have KG for 1 year, right??? he can then opt out of his contract after this season...

so that gives them one shot at a title...and it wouldnt surprise me if they got it done...

but now, they have no bench...at all...theyre gonna be a tired team...and not to mention the fact that Allen, and Pierce are injury prone players...now, who would replace them in an injury??? not Gerald Green...so now who???

Wow the Celtics gave up like 4 dudes to get Kevin Garnett for only 1 year. If he doesnt resign with them, then their f*****. But i doubt it if he dont resign with them. I mean hes playing with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. 3 veteren allstars on 1 team is unreal. Almost like cheating the league. But were gonna see how this 1 plays out. Go Magic.

No, part of the deal is that KG has agreed to a 4 year extension with the Celtics. That was the only way they would pull the trigger. It appears as if he has agreed to a 4-year extension worth 80 million.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

quote:
quote:

well...here we go...

No, part of the deal is that KG has agreed to a 4 year extension with the Celtics. That was the only way they would pull the trigger. It appears as if he has agreed to a 4-year extension worth 80 million.

ahhhhh...then that makes sense...

i was about to say...

but still, that gives em maybe 3-4 years at most when theyll be good...theyll be getting too old soon...