Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Eh, prime Jameer was good enough for half a season to make one All-Star team. If that's the definition of absurdly good then that's not really saying much.

Amen. Pass on Burke.

As far as I'm concerned Burke's wingspan is irrelevant to his play on defense since you actually have to stay in front of your man to block or challenge shots and he doesn't do that very well in college nevermind the NBA, furthermore his pick and roll defense is atrocious. The only thing he does well on defense is use his anticipation and length to steal the ball.

I like Burke for what he brings on offense but defensively he's beyond awful and that worries me since we don't have a shot blocker or defensive anchor to clean up his mistakes.

Burke has better court vision than Jameer.

Jameer DID have an all star level season which was deterred by injury, who knows how Jameer's career plays out if that doesn't happen?

I can't believe all the support i see from magic fans for Smart.....can't shoot, absurdly high TO Rate, questionable court vision and feel for the position....Burke is basically the exact opposite...he can shoot, excellent court vision, good in pick and roll

• Upvote 1

Jameer DID have an all star level season which was deterred by injury, who knows how Jameer's career plays out if that doesn't happen?

I can't believe all the support i see from magic fans for Smart.....can't shoot, absurdly high TO Rate, questionable court vision and feel for the position....Burke is basically the exact opposite...he can shoot, excellent court vision, good in pick and roll

Smart can shoot just not consistently, it's not like he has broken mechanics or chucks up air balls time and time again (see Harkless at the start of this year for an example of how shooting can be improved regardless) he is also a capable passer in the pick and roll. He does have a high turnover rate which is worrying but he also plays defense at a high level and despite his shooting troubles finds ways to score from the ft line or down on the block.

In an ideal world we could combine the two and have a tall strong tank of a player with the defense of smart and the offense of Burke.

This may be a non issue anyway if Smart doesn't declare for the draft.

Well after Clt's win last night we are guaranteed the most chances in the lottery for the number 1 pick, provided we lose to Miami.

Smart can shoot just not consistently, it's not like he has broken mechanics or chucks up air balls time and time again (see Harkless at the start of this year for an example of how shooting can be improved regardless) he is also a capable passer in the pick and roll.

Honestly, Smart can't really shoot. He shot 40% from the field and 29% from three. Meanwhile, James Harden shot 52% from the field and 40.7% from three his freshman year. That should scare the pants off of Henny. Not saying it can't be fixed but it's worrisome.

Smart can shoot just not consistently, it's not like he has broken mechanics or chucks up air balls time and time again (see Harkless at the start of this year for an example of how shooting can be improved regardless) he is also a capable passer in the pick and roll. He does have a high turnover rate which is worrying but he also plays defense at a high level and despite his shooting troubles finds ways to score from the ft line or down on the block.

In an ideal world we could combine the two and have a tall strong tank of a player with the defense of smart and the offense of Burke.

This may be a non issue anyway if Smart doesn't declare for the draft.

If Smart doesn't declare I question his intelligence. He's almost a lock top 5 pick this year, but next year he's probably out of the lottery.

We are not serious are we?

Listen I'm a Michigan fan and can tell you that without the team contribution, Michigan would of been out before the sweet 16. Same with the Big10 playoffs. Same with the season.

You want a good gauge, look at the Syracuse tape where he struggled against length. Guess what the NBA has for days.... Length.

Half of those who criticize Nelson, do so based on height and length. Burke is shorter and weighs even less.

If Oklahoma State had Hardaway and Robinson, I'm sure Smart would of went further.

Does Smart have a NBA body... Yes. And drives through length to the rim.

Smart

Carter Willams

Burke

That's the 3 PG taken in the first

I see E. Green torching Burke. Burke in the NBA probably wont guard anyone. I mean how much good can be Burke in we compare him with Nelson? If we wont make an upgrade IMO we shouldnt draft him if we get a top 3.

Noel would be the best option but the way he plays and in combo with the injury scares me for the future. So the best option is Smart.

Hennigqn is a moneyballer, i don know if hes going to select Smart...

• Upvote 1

We are not serious are we?

Listen I'm a Michigan fan and can tell you that without the team contribution, Michigan would of been out before the sweet 16. Same with the Big10 playoffs. Same with the season.

You want a good gauge, look at the Syracuse tape where he struggled against length. Guess what the NBA has for days.... Length.

Half of those who criticize Nelson, do so based on height and length. Burke is shorter and weighs even less.

If Oklahoma State had Hardaway and Robinson, I'm sure Smart would of went further.

Does Smart have a NBA body... Yes. And drives through length to the rim.

Smart

Carter Willams

Burke

That's the 3 PG taken in the first

and what does it say about Smart when he couldn't get shots off the dribble or finish at the rim against an Oregon team that played man defense and wasn't anywhere near as good as Syracuse

• Upvote 2