Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I kind of get a Reece Gaines vibe from MCW - remember that Reece was a good college player, too. I might take a chance, but like you said: not at the #2 pick, or even the top 10-15.

I still don't like the Zeller fit next to Vucevic.

There's an internal debate between Owner Michael Jordan and GM Rich Cho. Jordan

would like to draft Oladipo, while Cho wants Zeller. There's also the chance

that Charlotte and Orlando work out a trade to flip picks and Orlando gets

Zeller here. If Len is still on the board he's the pick here. Zeller's stock

took the biggest hit during the NCAA tournament as he looked shell shocked in

their Sweet Sixteen loss to Syracuse and their 2-3 zone defense. He failed to

live up to the preseason hype and much of the time chose to defer instead of

taking on the role of the team's star. It obviously took a toll on his draft

stock, but a tremendous combine has him back on track. His 35.5 inch standing

jump is the highest recorded for a bigman in years. Zeller shows the ability to

knock down mid range shots with regularity and runs the floor like a gazelle,

which is rare for a 7-footer. Unfortunately his post game did not advance the

way many expected, although big men take the longest to develop. It's easy to

forget all the positives: Zeller is a 7 footer, he's 19 years old, a hard

worker, and similar to Drummond last year, many seem to have overreacted after

he failed to live up to the #1 preseason hype. NBA Comparison: LaMarcus Aldridge

http://nbadraft.net/...a-mock-draft-80

BTW, Noel had 3 blocks in 23 minutes against UF. If he was getting pushed around, he dealt pretty well. Also shot 60% from the field that game and pulled down 6 boards before he got hurt. He was on his way to a double double with 5-6 blocks.

With all due respect, never ever listen to a gator homer.

• Upvote 1

If we take Zeller I will crawl into a hole and never watch another Magic game again. We would be the laughing stock of the NBA. Taking Zeller at #2 is an otis move.

On another note, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a Draft, I think is it crazy to see the big difference between Otis's pre draft weeks and what hennigan has done. I love how Hennigan has brought in a number of guys and looking for the best options. Otis was crazy.. did fran even workout for us or did he just flip a coin.

I have a feeling we take Noel is he is available at 2, if not I still see McLemore as the best fit for us now.

Also in other news Hennigan is meeting with Hedo, his agent, and the pizza man to discuss a buyout.. the same thing is being said for Al Harrington minus the pizza man

I highly doubt they would take Zeller 2. Zeller is a move if you make a trade with someone like Minnesota or OKC for more picks.

Otis was crazy.. did fran even workout for us or did he just flip a coin.

There are many, many things we can pin on Otiz, but unfortunately, Mrs. Vazquez isn't one of them. That was all Señor Twardzik.

• Upvote 1

If we take Zeller I will crawl into a hole and never watch another Magic game again. We would be the laughing stock of the NBA. Taking Zeller at #2 is an otis move.

On another note, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a Draft, I think is it crazy to see the big difference between Otis's pre draft weeks and what hennigan has done. I love how Hennigan has brought in a number of guys and looking for the best options. Otis was crazy.. did fran even workout for us or did he just flip a coin.

I have a feeling we take Noel is he is available at 2, if not I still see McLemore as the best fit for us now.

Also in other news Hennigan is meeting with Hedo, his agent, and the pizza man to discuss a buyout.. the same thing is being said for Al Harrington minus the pizza man

Why would they except a buyout? Wouldn't they lose more money that instead of just being waived for 6mil and 3.5mil

Fixed.

LOL. :headbang:

I would be stunned if we took Zeller at 2. I don't really want him at all, but I have to assume Rob sees something there. The scenario for Zeller makes more sense if we took him at 9..and it still would bum me out a little.

I'm hoping Noel falls to us at 2 and we buy #13 and grab a sleeper at SG.

If Noel goes #1, which I expect - I stand by Ben Mac.

• Upvote 1

@Probballdraft

The Magic are considering a few trades. Minnesota, Portland, & OKC are teams they are most open to trading picks w/ per a source #NBADraft

I have no idea who we'd be interested in with #10 or #12.

ZERO productivity at work today.

• Upvote 1