Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I wouldn't get to worked up about McLemore declining to work out against other prospects. The top guys do this every year. It's really driven by the agents. I remember back in 2009 when James Harden declined to workout against both Tyreke Evans and Demar Derozen.

I believe he was just doing what his agent told him....I would probably give the same advice.

Nothing to gain working out against Dipo in Phx. Phx has the #5 pick and would love to see his see him still available.

Why take the risk of Phx leaking info about a bad workout in hopes he slides to them?

The personal interviews are more meaningful at this point.

A cool video I found just about him as a player and growing up.

Don't know if many of you know this but this is actually Ben's second year at KU. His first year he was not cleared by NCAA Clearinghouse due to classes from his High School that did not qualify. So he was able to learn and get better and then this past year just showed why he is one of the Most if not Most Athletic player in this Draft.

I would love to see him taken at #2 so what he shy's away from big moments, he has Lebron James talent and the guy can shoot like Ray Allen. All its going to take is a little coaching and he will flourish.

I like to compare it to Moe Harkless, at the beginning of the year he was so shy and wouldn't look to create a shot or drive to the basket but by the middle/end of the year he was playing his best basketball and . McLemore just has to get that confidence and know that he can be a force, once he establishes his dominance he will be an amazing player for years to come.

A cool video I found just about him as a player and growing up.

Don't know if many of you know this but this is actually Ben's second year at KU. His first year he was not cleared by NCAA Clearinghouse due to classes from his High School that did not qualify. So he was able to learn and get better and then this past year just showed why he is one of the Most if not Most Athletic player in this Draft.

I would love to see him taken at #2 so what he shy's away from big moments, he has Lebron James talent and the guy can shoot like Ray Allen. All its going to take is a little coaching and he will flourish.

I like to compare it to Moe Harkless, at the beginning of the year he was so shy and wouldn't look to create a shot or drive to the basket but by the middle/end of the year he was playing his best basketball and . McLemore just has to get that confidence and know that he can be a force, once he establishes his dominance he will be an amazing player for years to come.

I like McLemore a lot, but this is the biggest stretch I've ever seen regarding him.

I think that's a problem most people would be okay with having. Look at the premium on legit big 7' foot centers in the league. Than imagine us having 2 of them. Vuch would be a nice asset to dangle out in the trade market and see what we could get for him, maybe another first rounder next year who knows.

Again, I don't think it's likely that we take Len but my main point is if Cleveland passes on Noel, I would be much more happy selecting Len over Noel if that's the position Henny so chooses to go. To many risks with Noel, and even if Noel stays healthy, which is a monstrous if, I think Len will be a much more complete center and not just a one trick pony like Noel.

Doesn't Len have foot problems though? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. From my experience, knee issues are easier for big men to deal with than foot ones.

I like McLemore a lot, but this is the biggest stretch I've ever seen regarding him.

I don't think its that much of a stretch, the only difference is will McLemore be able to use all of his athleticism to his advantage like Lebron, that's where I think they differ. But They both can shoot lights out, dunks are nasty, maybe defensively McLemore is not as good.

I have a feeling in a couple years you'll see McLemore putting up some great numbers and getting a lot of time on Sports Center like Lebron does.

I don't think its that much of a stretch, the only difference is will McLemore be able to use all of his athleticism to his advantage like Lebron, that's where I think they differ. But They both can shoot lights out, dunks are nasty, maybe defensively McLemore is not as good.

I have a feeling in a couple years you'll see McLemore putting up some great numbers and getting a lot of time on Sports Center like Lebron does.

LeBron is not a lights out shooter. McLemore very athletic at 6'5 190 and LeBron is more athletic at 6'8 250. LeBron also has better handles, passing, vision, and defensive ability than McLemore could dream of. I like Ben and he's on my short list of players to take at #2, but let's not get carried away.

• Upvote 1

I'm just glad I'm not the one making the decision.

Hennigan and his team are really going to earn their money this summer.

No Kidding. Between this and trying to plan ahead for next year, im sure Tylenol comes in handy.

With more and more Dipo love on here. I just wanna say I still don't see him being better than B-Mac. I don't like how he looks dribbling the ball and I dont see him going left a lot in highlights. Both can finish in transition, but any good athlete can. B-Mac is the best shooter in this draft and I've always favored the 3pt shooters. I mean 3D was my favorite player as a kid. Plus BMac really seems to want to play for us and I like that.

On Burke if there was a way we could come away with him too I would still be all over that. I think he is the best pg in the draft and I really think he could end up being something special if he goes to the right team.

I think that BMac knows we want players who want to be here. It's in his best interest to say he wants to play here. If he drops, teams like the Suns will forgive him for saying he wanted to be picked by the Magic.

It's funny how I stated a month back that the KU offense was not designed to be a great showcase for Ben's skills, and people debated me on it.

Now he comes out in interviews and says exactly what I said. It's pretty obvious if you just watch games that he was not being used to his full potential due to how the offense is designed.

I have no idea if we take the guy or not..a trade down is rumored, but may just be a smokescreen to drum up interest.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/48227/nba-insider-chad-ford

Link to Chad Ford's draft chat from today.

Todd (Orlando)Any word out of the hermit kingdom that is Orlando about who they are leaning towards? I'm in love with the Oladipo pick personally.

Chad Ford (1:11 PM)Nope. They've been pretty secretive. I think Oladipo, McLemore and Noel are the three most likely picks for them. I think by now everyone knows I have a man-crush on Oladipo. He's my favorite player in the draft so ... yeah, I think that's who Orlando should take.

Has anyone considered the idea that perhaps this is smoke being put out there by Phoenix?

Totally was going to say this thought, it favors the Suns to get the Magic brass to doubt in Ben so he (likely) falls to them.

I also like the sounds of the Magic being secretive. There's no positive for us in other NBA teams being able to predict what we want to do, or what we're going to do.