Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

TPE for Shawn Marion and #13

I'd love that because (if I have my information correct) Marion will be an 8 million expiring and will have some value at the trade deadline to a team who wants some veteran experience for the playoffs. If we got Marion though we'd have Davis, Marion, Nicholson, Harkless, Harris, O Quinn and Harrington (will probably be traded/cut but still..) that's a lot of forwards.

Sorry for double post but I just realized that if Marion really wanted to stay with the Mavs or wanted to go to a contender he could just opt out of his player option and resign (or sign somewhere else) for less money. It really depends on whether he wants to win or the money.

Also if we were to do a deal I wouldn't be against taking Jared Cunningham from Dallas as well since he played like 3MPG last season for them and is another 1.5 million guaranteed salary next season (and so they'd probably be all for giving him away).

I'd love that because (if I have my information correct) Marion will be an 8 million expiring and will have some value at the trade deadline to a team who wants some veteran experience for the playoffs. If we got Marion though we'd have Davis, Marion, Nicholson, Harkless, Harris, O Quinn and Harrington (will probably be traded/cut but still..) that's a lot of forwards.

I doubt Marion would get any burn here, and expirings aren't worth much anymore, so you're essentially paying $9M for the #13 pick.

Oladipo can't shoot very well.

Mclemore -- 2P% = 55.3%; 3P% = 42.0%; FG% = 49.5%; TS% = 0.63; eFG% = 0.59

Oladipo -- 2P% = 64.4%; 3P% = 44.1%; FG% = 59.9%; TS% = 0.67; eFG% = 0.65

nbadraft.net has BMac going first overall. If that happens is Nerlens Noel the obvious pick or do we lean Burke? Does Bennett or Porter come into play?

Were not taking Burke at No2. If that happens I think it's out of Oli/Noel.