Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I totally understand the "Burke as a stretch at 2" argument, but I'm positive that he's going to make it in this league. I made the earlier comparison to Iverson, and here he lists him as his favorite player (something I hadn't heard elsewhere):

I think best value is BMac, but I hope we trade down to 5-8 and pick up a second late-first pick along with Trey,

Not that it matters a lot what ESPN says, but Chad Ford's latest big board is interesting.

It goes:

Noel

Oladipo

Porter

McLemore

Bennett

Burke

Carter-Williams

Len

McCollum

Zeller

I think best value is BMac, but I hope we trade down to 5-8 and pick up a second late-first pick along with Trey,

Exactly if we take BMac I'm fine cause it will be the return of the Mac lol, but Burke is the guy I want the most. When really need to leave this draft with one of the two IMO. Nice video I hadn't seen that one.

I totally understand the "Burke as a stretch at 2" argument, but I'm positive that he's going to make it in this league. I made the earlier comparison to Iverson, and here he lists him as his favorite player (something I hadn't heard elsewhere):

I understand the value of a pick, so I do get way some want to get bmac and trade with a team. The problem is that it takes 2 to make a trade and you cant force a team to give you what you want. I dont want to risk losing burke for the sake of a 2nd round type pick or a weak 1st. If we dont have a pre deal done, before picking, I would not trade. If we can trade picks before our selection, I would make a move.

I would not play around with the player we deem to be the best player for us. Burke type players are rarer than bmac types. We can find a 2 that can jump and hit jump shots.

Not that it matters a lot what ESPN says, but Chad Ford's latest big board is interesting.

It goes:

Noel

Oladipo

Porter

McLemore

Bennett

Burke

Carter-Williams

Len

McCollum

Zeller

I hear multiple teams are getting bigger on Oladipo. His work-ethic and character have elevated him up many draft boards.

I hear multiple teams are getting bigger on Oladipo. His work-ethic and character have elevated him up many draft boards.

I've heard that as well, but #2 really surprises me. I really wish he would've shot at the combine.

Burke type players are rarer than bmac types. We can find a 2 that can jump and hit jump shots.

Huh? Some people are arguing Burke because pg is the biggest need, others bc it has the biggest impact, and now because is a rare talent???

Mike Conley, Darren Collison, John Wall, Isaiah Thomas, Ty Lawson, Raymond Felton, George Hill, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Halliday, Goran Drajic. You can pick and chose which ones you feel Burke is better than and which ones he isnt. There are 5 other pg's left off this list who are head and shoulders better. A solid pg really isnt that hard to find. Of the top of my head Tony Parker is the only really good pg that I can think who has won a championship in recent memory. You can argue Rondo but he wasnt considered top tier in 2008.

There really is only a handful of rare talents in the league. Trey Burke will never be one. One talent that is a rare is finding a great shooter. Not many exist in today's nba. There is Ray Allen, Stefan Curry, the white guy for the Knicks who I cannot think of his name, Kyrie Irving, and Dirk. I know there are a few more but we don't have as many true knock down shooters as in the past. If BMac doesnt live up to no. 2 he still is an unbelievably efficient scorer who can space the floor. If Burke doesnt live up to no. 2 he is an average to below average pg. Which would you rather have?