Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

agreed.

I think for the right player, gotta utilize that asset, or at least see what it can bring. 20-something range sounds right, but if NY keeps building with age and Denver goes through more injuries, that may possibly rise to early 20s/late teens. Regardless, Henny wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't examine the possibility. And with the scouts we have, they already have 2014 scouted well enough to compare the possible talent pool in that draft vs this draft.

Ideally we could add an additional pick in this years draft without messing with next years pick from NY/Denver. I just think there's decent value in this draft in the teens and it sounds like, with several teams wanting out, we could conceivably add a pick in that range.

people, EVERY PROSPECT has flaws!!! If they were perfect, we'd all be devastated that we didn't get the #1 pick. Of all the prospects, who requires the least amount of work? Or with the right coaching, who has the least amount or easiest flaws that can be corrected? The more and more I think about this, the draft screams for us to pick Oladipo. He's the best defender, has the biggest motor, and total gym rat, and that will only help him improve. Look what Redick came into the league with and has developed into; look at what Curry came into the league with, and what he's developed into. Point is, players all come in with flaws, but those with the gym rat mentality have the upper hand in their development. The kid is a complete Hennigan guy who is teachable, has high IQ, knows his role, and goes HARD EVERY PRACTICE AND GAME. With contagious energy like that, our team will only play that much harder with & for each other.

I think from this day forward, I'm on the Oladipo train for our pick. I like Burke & McCollum, but something about 'Dipo says he has "it". If we're luckly, maybe we get 'Dipo and a solid PG. Maybe Rob can pull off the unimaginable and get Oladipo & Burke.

I'm on team "Draft Oli and Schroeder."

I'm on team "Draft Oli and Schroeder."

That could be a decent duo, only issue is that both guys would likely need to time to develop since both are more projects than nba ready studs. That could mean keeping Nelson and AA to start for at least one, if not two seasons.

It's risky, but they certainly look to have a lot of upside.

DJ Augustine, Mateen Cleeves, Eric Maynor, and Acie Law were all pretty good college players who showed in the tourney, but none of them every become anything in the league. I'm not bashing Burke but he is every one's darling. With all due respect people who think the tourney doesnt factor into draft stock are idiots. Its not so much what the stat line reads. It's more knowing what to look for. Lamarcus Aldridge had a really bad in the tourney when he was at TX, if my memory is correct I think he was 1-11,while Burke but up 24 pts against Louisville at college's biggest stage. So to the uneducated consumer Burke would be considered clutch while Aldridge sucks. The thing that people don't realize is that all of Aldridge's missing where off of the top of the front of the rim. When a players shot is on this what they should be hitting. There is a huge difference between a players shot not falling and choking. LA is now one of the better players in the nba.

Go back and watch the Louisville game and Burke struggled. He is regarded as a level headed, intelligent player, but when Louisville turned up the defense he couldn't play with them. How is he going to look going up the elite athletes in the NBA? When he is pressured he is forced to react and doesnt have elite abilties to combat it. Now imagine in the playoffs going up against Rondo or Westbrook. Those guys will embaress him. If Chris Paul is my pg I love the guy coming off my bench. But what is it that people think his game will translate to the next level?

Not sure my Draft opinion's worth a lot, considering I feel like I watch less and less college b-ball every year.

The one good thing about being a fan of a losing team.. boy that Draft Lottery sure is exciting!

I was worried about getting "minnesota timberwolved" and ending up 4th. I was really worried when Washington moved up, but thrilled to see their team logo come out of that envelope at number three. Of course getting the 1st pick and being in the driver's seat would of been nice, and seeing Pat Williams come through again as the good luck charm, but my gut tells me just being in the top two, we avoided the first hurdle. (sorry Charlotte! =P)

I guess I agree with general consensus and want one of three things to happen:

1. Draft McLemore at #2 if Cleveland picks Noel like people expect.

2. Trade down to around #5 and pick Burke. I like Burke, but at #2? Just feels like it's not maximizing value, and if I trust Hennigan to try and do one thing, it's maximize the value of the pick.

3. This option is more selfish. If somehow the Cavs bypass Noel, I want the Magic to take him. A. He wouldn't play right away to heal, giving the Magic more odds to lose next season and get deep in the lottery again. B. My girlfriend is from Kentucky and is a huge UK fan... getting Noel would soidify her as a huge Magic fan for years to come after Jameer isn't playing with the team anymore :shard:/>

I'm satisfied with where the Magic are, and like I said in Henny I Trust. .......at least for now, lol.

Not sure my Draft opinion's worth a lot, considering I feel like I watch less and less college b-ball every year.

The one good thing about being a fan of a losing team.. boy that Draft Lottery sure is exciting!

I was worried about getting "minnesota timberwolved" and ending up 4th. I was really worried when Washington moved up, but thrilled to see their team logo come out of that envelope at number three. Of course getting the 1st pick and being in the driver's seat would of been nice, and seeing Pat Williams come through again as the good luck charm, but my gut tells me just being in the top two, we avoided the first hurdle. (sorry Charlotte! =P)

I guess I agree with general consensus and want one of three things to happen:

1. Draft McLemore at #2 if Cleveland picks Noel like people expect.

2. Trade down to around #5 and pick Burke. I like Burke, but at #2? Just feels like it's not maximizing value, and if I trust Hennigan to try and do one thing, it's maximize the value of the pick.

3. This option is more selfish. If somehow the Cavs bypass Noel, I want the Magic to take him. A. He wouldn't play right away to heal, giving the Magic more odds to lose next season and get deep in the lottery again. B. My girlfriend is from Kentucky and is a huge UK fan... getting Noel would soidify her as a huge Magic fan for years to come after Jameer isn't playing with the team anymore :shard:/>/>

I'm satisfied with where the Magic are, and like I said in Henny I Trust. .......at least for now, lol.

I like 2 and 3. I don't like 1

DJ Augustine, Mateen Cleeves, Eric Maynor, and Acie Law were all pretty good college players who showed in the tourney, but none of them every become anything in the league. I'm not bashing Burke but he is every one's darling. With all due respect people who think the tourney doesnt factor into draft stock are idiots. Its not so much what the stat line reads. It's more knowing what to look for. Lamarcus Aldridge had a really bad in the tourney when he was at TX, if my memory is correct I think he was 1-11,while Burke but up 24 pts against Louisville at college's biggest stage. So to the uneducated consumer Burke would be considered clutch while Aldridge sucks. The thing that people don't realize is that all of Aldridge's missing where off of the top of the front of the rim. When a players shot is on this what they should be hitting. There is a huge difference between a players shot not falling and choking. LA is now one of the better players in the nba.

Go back and watch the Louisville game and Burke struggled. He is regarded as a level headed, intelligent player, but when Louisville turned up the defense he couldn't play with them. How is he going to look going up the elite athletes in the NBA? When he is pressured he is forced to react and doesnt have elite abilties to combat it. Now imagine in the playoffs going up against Rondo or Westbrook. Those guys will embaress him. If Chris Paul is my pg I love the guy coming off my bench. But what is it that people think his game will translate to the next level?

Burke was consistently good the entire year. He won national player of the year. That doesn't happen for players that suddenly start performing in the tournament.

Augustine has functioned pretty well as a backup PG for Indy, in this crappy draft I would be pretty happy if we picked up a solid backup point. I've seen lots of players have trouble against an aggressive press but how many teams do that in the NBA? It doesn't happen because NBA teams have a secondary ball handler that makes beating a press easier.

I'm not sold on any of the players in the draft but I do think that there is something to be said for a guy that has shown that he works very hard and that he doesn't shy away from big games.