Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Is it too early to start talking rookie of the year? Bennett has got to be the front runner. Shabazz is another likely candidate.

Oladipo, thats the reason I finally decided to become amagic fan. Even if he busts, God forbid, I will still be a Magic fan.

If we trade Affalo, oladipo has a chance to be a rookie of the year.

I would second this, and not because I'm a homer. If given the minutes, Vic should stuff the stat sheet. 15 points, 6 boards, 2 steals, 1 block could get you ROY this season. But most likely, as usual, the votes will go to whichever rookies scores the most.

But most likely, as usual, the votes will go to whichever rookies scores the most.

That's why I don't see Oladipo getting it. Its a numbers game and most his work will be on the defensive end.

Awards should be more than just stats. Because of Oladipo's intangibles, he should at least be on the 1st-Team All-Rookie ballot. I really do see this kid coming along and doing everything he can to help us win.

Awards should be more than just stats. Because of Oladipo's intangibles, he should at least be on the 1st-Team All-Rookie ballot. I really do see this kid coming along and doing everything he can to help us win.

Agreed but the problem is at the current time they're based on stats.

Agreed but the problem is at the current time they're based on stats.

It definitely is based on stats, it would be nice if there were some form of recognition for the types of players that aren't stat junkies and give their team what they need them to give.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think Henni and the rest of the team did a great job with the 2013 draft. I am very excited to see what kind of potential this kid Oladipo will bring to the team. Among other things, Oladipo's work ethic is a pretty exciting component to his game.

Is it too early to start talking rookie of the year? Bennett has got to be the front runner. Shabazz is another likely candidate.

Yes it is.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think Henni and the rest of the team did a great job with the 2013 draft. I am very excited to see what kind of potential this kid Oladipo will bring to the team. Among other things, Oladipo's work ethic is a pretty exciting component to his game.

Hindsight? The regular season won't even start for another 3 and a half months.

Hindsight? The regular season won't even start for another 3 and a half months.

To true visionaries, the future IS hindsight (also to time travelers).