Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Eric Bledsoe is better than anyone in this draft. I'd love to see a deal where we trade our #1 to the Clippers for Bledsoe and the Clippers first round pick (#25 overall).

Not sure how to get it done, but that would be my ideal outcome. We would then have our young PG for the present and future.

That could be a good deal for us. Bledsoe is a very talented but raw PG. He could develop into a decent starting PG, but my only issue is that I don't think he's significantly better than Burke. Plus Burke has proved he can lead a team and be clutch when it matters, Bledsoe didn't at college and hasn't really had the chance in the NBA. So personally I wouldn't take him over Burke.

I agree. I'm not taken by Bledsoe. If Rondo had a better attitude, I could see Henny trading our pick for him.

I can't see the Celtics wanting to trade Rondo, but if they did then I think even with his attitude Henny would do a deal if it was at the right price. He might not light up the scoreboard most nights like some PGs, but he's excellent at moving the ball, assisting, and defending. He's a great player and I'd love to see him here, though I think the Celtics would be stupid for letting him go.

Eric Bledsoe is better than anyone in this draft. I'd love to see a deal where we trade our #1 to the Clippers for Bledsoe and the Clippers first round pick (#25 overall).

Not sure how to get it done, but that would be my ideal outcome. We would then have our young PG for the present and future.

A really stupid GM is about to pay Bledsoe a lot of money for a career of mediocre production up to this point. I'd rather that GM not be Hennigan.

A really stupid GM is about to pay Bledsoe a lot of money for a career of mediocre production up to this point. I'd rather that GM not be Hennigan.

rookie contracts have high value because of the new cba. burke will be a better pg; making others better. bledsoe is a really good defender and electric with the ball. I would keep burke vs bledsoe, because I dont want to match an offer from another team.

so, I agree.

Oh sure, when he was twenty. But the dude was never one to throw it down. I still say my point's valid. I mean, there's a rumor there's a Jameer dunking video out there, somewhere.

Jameer Nelson dunked in his first season with the Magic.

Oh sure, when he was twenty. But the dude was never one to throw it down. I still say my point's valid. I mean, there's a rumor there's a Jameer dunking video out there, somewhere.

I know I was just being cheeky

I'm wondering what everyone else thinks Noel's ceiling and floor is? If he stays healthy I think worst case he could a deandre Jordan type.

Ceiling: Marcus Camby

Floor: Stromlie Swift

I'm wondering what everyone else thinks Noel's ceiling and floor is? If he stays healthy I think worst case he could a deandre Jordan type.

Ceiling = Serge Ibaka

What will probably happen (and I'd be happy with it) = Larry Sanders

Floor = Anyone that can't recover from a knee injury really

rookie contracts have high value because of the new cba. burke will be a better pg; making others better. bledsoe is a really good defender and electric with the ball. I would keep burke vs bledsoe, because I dont want to match an offer from another team.

so, I agree.

Thats the real issue around here. Getting performing guys on cheap 4 year rookie deals is what builds it fast. You can drop salary and employ cheap labor that is overperforming relative to the veterans deal. Then you add your star pieces via free agency. Once the rookie deals get close to ending you either put up or ship out preferably for more cheap rookie deals. id love to have Rondo but not at the expense of a 4 million buck for 4 year stud.

Just think about it....if Henny would have been here when we had Dwight and Jameer here on 4 year deals at next to nothing...all our draft picks and most of our cruddy contracts expired. He would have turned us into a dynasty in no time and for a long time. Instead we bid against ourselves on Shard, drafted Fran and Daniel Orton, traded away our future picks on Justin Harpers, unloaded our solid assets and unmercifully had neverending bone headed contracts for Hedo and Gilbert....and thats just off the top of my head...

I don't get how you can make this statement. What are you basing this off of? We know nothing about Bledsoe at all, and to say he is better than anyone in this draft is foolish. I can all but guarantee you that in 3 years we will look back and their will be at minimum 7 players that are far and away better than Bledsoe. Would I like to have Bledsoe? Sure, but for what money he's going to get, probably not considering he's essentially an unknown talent. He is athletic, but what else?