Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Ben MaClemore, Nerlens Noel...................................biggest gap in draft history.........................................trey burke, everyone else.

• Downvote 2

Ben MaClemore, Nerlens Noel...................................biggest gap in draft history.........................................trey burke, everyone else.

I think some of the people that are doubting trey burke as a player are going to have to eat there words. Length is what matters and he is really long for his height at 6"5 wingspan (3 inches longer than nelson). With his pg skills, quickness, and shooting ability, it is hard for me to see how he will fail in a guard dominant league.

Bmac and Noel has a bigger bust chance than Burke, though they do have bigger upside because of athleticism.

Noel has no offense game and is now on his second big time injury

Bmac is a one denominational shooter that does not want to shoot the ball and fades in big moments.

I dont see the big gap between the 3.

• Upvote 2

The Bulls won't win a ring with their current roster so it really doesn't matter. They don't have great depth and they have major injury issues. You have to have at least 1, maybe 2 superstars anymore.

If they had a healthy team, they would have depth and would challenge for the ring. The fact remains that they have the plays with the mindset to compete. Thus, the reason they are doing good now.

We get it, you want Noel and McLemore. You've posted it on every page.

Never compared their college games and this guy is throwing Beasley stats at me. Hop off. Ben is quicker, faster and can jump higher and all we were comparing was athleticism and you brought him up. And Mac is a better shooter. I have absolutely no clue why were talking about this now.

Wow.... Horrible response...

Please prove to the board these unfactual claims that Ben jumps higher, is quicker and faster than a college Beasley? And Ben being a better shooter... where? from the 3 and thats about it.... his FG percentage isnt all that great. As I proved before with real stats, which is the players real production.

Ben is not worth a #1 or #2.... heck it would be stretching it to say he is a #3 pick.

And the reason why we are talking about this is the perception that Talent isnt going to go bust in the NBA. Which is what I proved before with a talented Beasley going bust in the NBA.

Shaking my head.... sad.

McLemore is getting too much love on this board right now. For a start let's talk about his "defensive potential" yes, he has the length and athleticism to be a good perimeter defender, is he? No. Kansas gave up more points per 100 possessions with him on the floor. For such a great athlete his steal number is average at best and he has such a low BB IQ that at times he just looks completely lost and I think that could hinder his growth on defense in the NBA when being taught defensive rotations etc.

I also don't buy into the whole "he didn't get a chance to create off the dribble in Self's system" If McLemore is so talented then doesn't that make Self a bad coach for not utilizing his most talented player in the best way? If Kansas get Andrew Wiggins can we expect to see him spot up in the corner? No I don't think so. Self used McLemore exactly as McLemore should be used because he cannot legitimately create for himself on a consistent basis.

That's not to say I don't like what Ben brings. He's a terrific shooter coming off screens and on catch and shoot situations and he's an electric athlete in the open court but there are legitimate concerns about him on and off the court and no amount of comments like "Ben McLemore is clearly the best prospect." will change that.

• Upvote 3

McLemore is getting too much love on this board right now. For a start let's talk about his "defensive potential" yes, he has the length and athleticism to be a good perimeter defender, is he? No. Kansas gave up more points per 100 possessions with him on the floor. For such a great athlete his steal number is average at best and he has such a low BB IQ that at times he just looks completely lost and I think that could hinder his growth on defense in the NBA when being taught defensive rotations etc.

I also don't buy into the whole "he didn't get a chance to create off the dribble in Self's system" If McLemore is so talented then doesn't that make Self a bad coach for not utilizing his most talented player in the best way? If Kansas get Andrew Wiggins can we expect to see him spot up in the corner? No I don't think so. Self used McLemore exactly as McLemore should be used because he cannot legitimately create for himself on a consistent basis.

That's not to say I don't like what Ben brings. He's a terrific shooter coming off screens and on catch and shoot situations and he's an electric athlete in the open court but there are legitimate concerns about him on and off the court and no amount of comments like "Ben McLemore is clearly the best prospect." will change that.

Agree.

Agreed on all points. I still will be absolutely happy with taking him though.

I don't disagree that BMac is a great athlete and shooter. However, he very often disappeared in games and was benched in huge games (see UNC game in March Madness). That was 100% on him, not the coach or KU's system.

People said the same thing about Harrison Barnes at UNC. That he was too passive and didn't seek the moment. Seems to be doing okay to me. Sometimes guys are just better cut out for the pros and not college because the systems don't fit. Russell Westbrook is another example.

I am not saying Ben will be awesome but the potential is definitely there.